Wednesday, August 26, 2009

#5 ramadhan diary 09: haagen-dazs


spt 2.28.08., originally uploaded by niki </3.

Smart opinions are hard to find...

Last fortnight, we went to Midvalley to watch 2 movies - The Proposal and Setem. We planned to watch The Proposal since it was not showing in any cinemas in Seremban. Then something hit our heads - Adik will be sitting for his SPM trial and I will definitely be busy with my 2 jobs schedule. So, we have decided to use the money for back-to-back since there is no chance for movies for weeks ahead.

Since we travelled all the way from Seremban, we also kept some of our money on food and decided to go for something which was not available in Seremban. We went to Carl Jr. without any experience of eating at that place! Thankfully, we had no regret since we enjoyed our Portobello Mushroom Burger tremendously. (I think we will come again!)

To our surprise, we received a refund of the money spent on The Proposal because of the mistake GSC did to the last part of the movie. So, we had some money left and we decided to have ice-cream!

We went to haagen-dazs - not because Baskin Robbins was not good but we had to savour the moment with something different. A memory crept in my mind about the last time I sat there - it was my third date with the man I loved.

The vivid memory of the man appeared in my mind as I nibbled on my Strawberry Cheesecake Ice-Cream. He ordered this summer strawberry set for me because he said I looked like someone who liked strawberries. He was definite about that. I remember the talk about love, life, interest, fantasy and love while scooping the strawberries. I recalled the interest I put in each words used by the man and the way I was scanning the intelligence. I remember my replies, the amusement, the amazement...

He was brilliant. Someone I wanted to be. But something happened in the middle. Somehow the concentration was no longer available.

"Kakak...dah malam. Jom balik!" Adik called me.

I smiled. I realised that intelligence was what I was looking for when I was 23. Am I still seeking for the same element when I'm 27? I don't know. Perhaps.

It was not because of the price of the ice-cream after all:)

Note for Ramadhan:
Ayah, ibu, Atan and I went to buka puasa in mamak yesterday. I was in the mood to drink jumbo mango juice! Then we went for grocery shopping because there is nothing left at home for next days. Atan was coaxing me to buy a *pint (edited: thanks to Q) of Haagen Dazs ice-cream which I eventually declined. We settled for Kit Kat Bite Ice Cream instead. No Belgian Chocolate...

4 comments:

Quiyah said...

sha! u're making me drool with that picture.. aiyoh.. i am suppose to be on diet.. cannot even reward myself, not after the wedding tho.. hehe.. anyway, sayang its pint not pine (jgn kecik ati, i betulkan for ur future references). it is bittersweet when u remember something like that kan? hmm.. well, life must go on...

cHeRyNa PiReS said...

hahaha...yeke Q! Aku pon tak prasan aku taip pine...okeh..okeh...baik cikgu, nanti saya edit posting saya ye! Wehhh...pengantin mane leh makan eskrem...nanti gumok...diet dulu k!

♠ y.a.n.i.e putrajaya ♠ said...

shaaaaaaaaaaaaa

nak ais kerimmmmmmmmmmm


hehhehhee

Azie Nazri said...

memories. they sometimes linger for a looooong time dont they? :)

Haagen-Dazs. Uuu yummmy. Too pricey for me though :p