Saturday, August 22, 2009

ramadhan diary 09: hot chocolate


Happy Valentine's Day
Originally uploaded by photo kitten
Wikipedia:

Hot chocolate (also known as hot cocoa, drinking chocolate, or just cocoa) is a heated beverage that typically consists of shaved chocolate or cocoa powder, heated milk or water, and sugar. While hot chocolate is generally thought of as a drink consumed for pleasure, recent studies have suggested that hot chocolate possesses health benefits due to antioxidants that can be found in cocoa. Until the 19th century, hot chocolate was even used medicinally to treat ailments such as stomach diseases.

My first day of Ramadhan started sleepily. Yesterday was hectic - I received a big bulk of Math SPM trial papers which needs marking during this school holiday. I have the lesson plan to prepare, topic of Trigonometry to finish and attendance record to be filed.

2 hours later, I was in the coffee shop - where I have been assigned as barista of the day. Damn, there were too many customers and I accidentally prepared some wrong orders....adoi~!

The moment I reached home, I was too exhausted to open my eyes. I slept earlier than I expected. I didn't even shut down the laptop:(

Ibu woke me up exactly at 4am for sahur - it was very hard to open my eyes! I ate quickly and doze off after Subuh. Fortunately I am scheduled to work in the afternoon today.

There were only few customers during my shift. Today I met Danny, one of the regular customers who is an architect. He showed me pictures of him traveling all over the world. Though I couldn't helped drooling over the pictures, he told me about something I'll never forget: his hard work.

Looking at Danny's pictures made me inspired. But I just couldn't wait to go home when the clock was showing 6pm. So I left Danny with his laptop.

After talking to Danny, I had then asked one of my seniors to teach me how to prepare Tall Hazelnut Signature Hot Chocolate. I was not great in preparing it but I couldn't wait to bring it home.

The moment I reached home, I presented the hot chocolate to ayah. I rarely prepared drinks for him (because of the diabetes!) but today is an exception.

With nasi kerabu and home-cooked food, I was smiling when I saw the last drip of the hot chocolate, drank by ayah in front of me. The first ever Ramadhan's first day celebrated with my family since I graduated. Alhamdulillah!

4 comments:

Areej said...

ko jd cikgu ke skrg sha?

cHeRyNa PiReS said...

yup...skang jd cikgu and barista at the same time:)

Emy Omar said...

sedap..sedap..nak sikit hot choc :-)

cHeRyNa PiReS said...

boleh...boleh...lenkali jumpa kita bg hot choc:)