Monday, September 07, 2009

sha: apam tembam


Apam.
Originally uploaded by `ZiezieMujik. (:
Apam is a coastal town in the Central Region of Ghana, located approximately 45km east of the regional capital of Cape Coast.

---> apam is name of a place.

Apam is the site of Fort Lijdzaamheid, an Dutch-built fort which was completed in 1702, which dominates the fishing harbour and town from a rocky peninsula located on the south side of the town.

---> apam is again name of a place.

And apam as Malaysians know (unless you're too ignorant) is a name of Malaysian delicacy, a type of kuih which is fluffy and sweet. It comes in different colours - most of the time white, pink and green (in the picture I found, the apams are colourful)

As far as I know, there's no dictionary which is showing me about women's body part.

One day I was sitting in the cinema and I heard this comment during the ad, "Pergghhh...apam tembam!"

I was not an innocent. I didn't blush. I knew exactly what they were talking about. But rather than explaining it in this blog (which I don't want to especially during this fasting month) I would like to make a comment on this.

When I was not fasting, I tried to relate the connection. I figured the similarities between these 2 object features and I couldn't find any. Everything seems too straight forward even when I was thinking with my twisted mind. I have the right to compare since I HAVE IT.

When Mamat Khalid made a statement to Velvet (AF) the she was like an apam manis, everyone was laughing meaningfully at the statement. I couldn't find the similarities. Velvet...and apam?

So, I'm still finding the answer to why do you have to call it apam? It's a food, for good sake. I don't suppose that food should be treated that way. If you're in Somalia, will you still call it apam?

I hate it when people looked at me differently at Ramadhan bazaar when I asked,

"Kak...bagi apam tu 2 ringgit?"

or when a makcik said,
"Tembam-tembam apam kat kedai ni ye..."

Chubby apams?

Food is not an object for vulgarity.

And vulgar minds are not good especially at 6pm in a fasting month:)

9 comments:

Rynn Cowbra said...

what the food :|

apam adalah sedapp. and msamakan it with something yg x sama ranking adalah sgt keji.

btw,apam dlm gambo is too colourful. takutlah nak makan.haha!

Rynn Cowbra said...

what the food :|

apam adalah sedapp. and msamakan it with something yg x sama ranking adalah sgt keji.

btw,apam dlm gambo is too colourful. takutlah nak makan.haha!

Eriyza said...

Tak suka gak bila makanan
disamakan dgn benda yg tak
sepatutnya. Huh!!!

juelee said...

lama tak jenguk sini.. hehehe.. pe khabar sha??? memula jue tak paham gak apa yg dikaitkan ngan apam nie, baca 2 kali baru paham hehehe.. maluuuu...... tapi mmg pelik la, apa kaitan apam and that things? which is the similar part ntah.. hmm ini lah dia kata org imaginasi terlampau....

Kak Long said...

Suka juga kuih apam.
Memang tak suka orang cakap ikut sedap mulut...

cHeRyNa PiReS said...

rynn:
---> kak sha impress dia leh wat apam tuh berlayer2 dgn kaler yg berlainan...dpt dlm flickr album sowang malaysian chinese nieh...

eriy:
---> benda tuh tak salah...tp kenapa samakan ngan makanan kan? dah la bulan posa pun nak fikir kotor lagi....

jue:
---> setuju gak. tp segan la jue bila org dok gelak2 time bulan posa. maybe pada dia lucu...tp bila nak makan apam rasa semacam sbb perangai dia...

kak long:
---> apam nieh kuihnya simple...tp simple2 tuh ada gak yg double meaning kan!

nURmALa mAZLan said...

sha
tajuk nyer lain macam
eheheh~ wekkkk

Suzi said...

tulah kan...teruk betul.suka2 je buat double meaning.
dahlah apam tu makanan...sedap pulak tu...

Quiyah said...

ahahaha..lawakla..

tp tak patut btol..