Saturday, September 12, 2009

sha: period, pineapple, pimple


pineapple wedges on plate, originally uploaded by maui pineapple.

Period
"...shedding of the uterine lining (endometrium). It occurs on a regular basis in reproductive-age females of certain mammal species..."

I am that certain mammal species.

I went online after sahur and intended to bath at 10am But I took my bath earlier yesterday. There was a stain on my comfy caftan. I knew I don't have to puasa! Hehehehe...(I might be grinning now, but I'm not going to grin afer this because I have to ganti puasa!)

But then again, washing the stain from the caftan was not my favourite activity. I hate dit when my clothes were dirty because of the first day period. Hoh...not only the stain was stubborn as hell (even though it was still new)...I had this tummy ache and back cramps while rinsing the clothes. Adeehhhhh...huhuhu...(this was the worst part)

I was listening to this song, "Bukan Superman" from Lucky Laki. The song was suppose to cheer me up - but I cried. And that's for no reason at all! My tears were pouring like the rain and I was sobbing like a baby. There you go...this uncontrollable hormone was making me sad, made me think of things I shouldn't be thinking...(because Satan is not available in Ramadhan, so blame it on the hormone). I gathered myself up and started doing other things.

Pineapple
" Consumers of pineapple have claimed that pineapple has benefits for some intestinal disorders and others believe it serves as a pain reliever; [6] others claim that it helps to induce childbirth when a baby is overdue.[7]"

On the way to the market, I saw a person who sold pineapple juice. I had the this crave for the pineapple juice because I knew this was the same person who sold pineapple juice to my father when he was still in school. The sweet juice with pineapple chunks made me salivated so I ordered 3 packets for buka puasa (I forgot about the sanitary pad that I'm carrying at that moment).

Pimple
"Inside the pore are sebaceous glands which produce sebum. When the outer layers of skin shed (as they do continuously), the dead skin cells left behind may become 'glued' together by the sebum. This causes a blockage in the pore, especially when the skin becomes thicker at puberty..."

When I reached home, I realised there was something weird on my face. I looked at the mirror and I saw one medium size pinkish lump on my cheek near the nose. Ohohohoho....I rarely have this!!!! So I sulked for a day and channeled the frustration to the steamed fish I was preparing. ( I hated like pimples!!!)

And I drank the pineapple juice. 3 glasses of it.

That was when I realised I was on my menses.

My question will be: Is it going to be okay?

Elderly said, pineapple is not good for women. 3R said, there is no harm of eating pineapple. Which one should I believe now?

I'm confused. The pineapple juice had never tasted sweeter. Perrggghhh!!!! :P

Facts: Wikipedia

12 comments:

a kl citizen said...

assalammualaikum

rasanya pineapple juice x sebabkan kematian....so minum lah selagi boleh minum.
ha...
tak pose ya
selamat menggantilah nanti ya

Kak Long Mawar Merah said...

Dear Sha,
Terlioq pulak baca time2 puasa ni. hihi
Kak Long ada baca juga pasal minuman nanas masa period ni.
Khabarnya boleh melegakan.
Masih lum cuba.

DaliaLiyana said...

salam perkenalan..
dalia tak suka nenas..nnt lidah rase sumthing..:)

cikwan said...

sha dah rayaaa..hehehe..saya suka nenas, kat sini nenas2 sangat manis macam makan tembikai..buat jus lagi sedap...

i'm very sure i am a mammal species...ngehehh..

sya said...

suka sangat nenas...
period ke, tak ke..
asal ada nenas je, mesti balun.. hehehe..

tak suka pimple,
kalau ada, mula lah rasa malu..
macam lah orang nampak.. :P

zino said...

kota tu kat mana? macam sekampong je ni hehe

sonata anak kancil said...

tak pose ye....siap ko kena ganti....cepat ganti tau...

Pocket said...

nak kater..
'beshnyerrr dia tak poseee...'
terasa mcm pocket plak yg maleh pose...

nak kater..
'cian dia tak leh pose...'
macam pocket ni bagus sangat plak..

so..
buah nenas tu adalah tidak disukai sangat kerana ada pengalaman makan nenas dan terasa lidah bagai disiat siat... kenapa?

Zyma Saad said...

Pineapple juice......my fave la!!! :)

cHeRyNa PiReS said...

kak normah:
---> kalau akak kate boleh minum, sha caya. sbb sha takut la kalau org tua2 ada pantang kan. org mengandung kan takleh makan nanas, mana tau yg period pon sama pantangnya:)

kak long:
---> betul ke nieh. bagusla tuh...taklah sha rasa bersalah teguk air nanas semalam:)

dalia:
---> sha tak suka makan nanas, tp air nanas sha suka. samalah...lidah tak best lepas makan kan?

cikwan:
---> rasa macam nak terbang jumpa cikwan...mesti best kan dpt nanas yang manis2...boleh terus blend dan buat air!

zino:
---> kampung pulau kota:)

SAK:
---> takpe...yg nieh tak dosa punye..hehehe...nanti lepas raya baru ganti:P



pocket:
---> ntahlah...tak tau pulak kenapa lidah jd tak best bila makan nanas. jgn risau...sha tak marah nye kalau anda komen apa2:)

zyma:
---> me too:)

N A N I E said...

Hoho I pun ade tertengok episode 3R pasal pineapple tuh..then terus i change perception..kire selama nih i dpt wrong info..

ade setengah org cakap air tebu pun tajam gak..hehe dunno =)

Adila said...

pineapple? errr from what i heard, if tgh hving period, try to avoid anything sour and sejuk
psl.. nnt period mcm hujan tak brenti kluar hehehe

the truth? ntah la
but for air sejuk tu, my tummy jadi lagi sakit klo minum air sejuk haha

org kate, bekam kat perut utk nak legakan tummy ache time period
so i guess.. minum air suam pun can get that effect kot? haha