Sunday, October 11, 2009

finding orchid: a jawahir

It has been a while since the last time I wrote about Orkid. Who is Orkid? For those who just got to know the world of cheryna, Orkid is my imaginary child - someone who does not exist but will constantly have a story in this blog:)

I'm single but I desperately want a child named Orkid. So, I have created a link called finding orkid (just like Finding Nemo!) with few postings in this blog (there'll be more in future!) as I love daydreaming and this is one of my dreams: Orkid.

I only went to few houses this raya because I was too busy handling people in my own house. Tanker's brake needs to be repaired and for that reason, I have visited selected house only. I hope Tanker's brake will be okay and ibu will recover so that we'll visit more houses before Syawal ends:)

I've visited Ustazah Sufiah. Ustazah is one of ibu's best friends and I knew how meaningful it would be for ibu to meet ustazah. Ever since ustazah has been diagnosed with breast cancer, both of them constantly apologizing to each other - fearing that there won't be any other suitable time.

After salam, I saw ustazah's grandchild. Her name was Yasmin. My ibu loved the name so much she kept repeating the name over and over. It is understandable, considering she wanted to name me Yasmin but ayah objected!

Yasmin was a chubby girl with curly hair and fashionable. On the day we paid the visit, she was wearing a red gown paired with a red tights. Her mother pulled her hair up for a high ponytail.What I certainly loved about her were her eyes and her lips. The way she was looking at me was alluring as she had a pair of long and curly eyelashes which beautifully framed her round eyes.

She was talkative too - everytime I was talking to her grandma, she would ask her grandma questions. But she understood when her grandma said, "Yasmin, wan nak cakap dengan kawan wan." She went off and peeped us from behind the wall. How cute:)

Somehow, Yasmin cute face distracted me. I felt as if I saw her somewhere. But I shrugged it off, thinking that my thoughts might be wrong. Yet, when Yasmin grabbed my Nine West handbag, I finally recognised the similarities.

She has Aimi's eyes. How could I forget those brilliant eyes of someone I called my younger sister? Maybe it has been too long since the last time I met Aimi.

Yasmin sling the handbag on her shoulder,pretended that she was a lady with a handbag. She was so engrossed with it but I could tell tha she was afraid. Even though I didn't say anything (because the handbag lock was secured), she kept on looking at me while she was holding my handbag.

She knew it was wrong to take other people's belonging yet she was a very feminine girl who loved handbags. I knew she was feeling guilty too. When her grandma scolded her for taking my handbag, she guiltily returned the handbag with a pleading look so that I will allow her to play again.

I put on my sunglasses when I wanted to go home because it was hot outside. When I turned to Yasmin who was sitting beside me, she was wearing a sunglasses too which I believed belong to her mother. She wanted to be friends, but she was too shy.

When she tugged at my hand, I I didn't want to let it go; for the girl with beautiful eyes were showing her affection to ME.

She kissed my cheek too!
(the girl might look at me as if I'm a gentle giant...hehe)

I wish I could meet Yasmin again.

I wish one day, when I have Orkid, she will be like Yasmin.

A smart and brilliant baby.

* Jawahir = Jewel.

* Thinking of Syafiah, Diana and Aleya:)
(lucky parents - look at how badly I wanted what you have!)

15 comments:

Tie said...

Haha....Sha kena cari ayah dia dulu, baru boleh buat orkid (macam Yasmin)

Kak Long said...

haha...calon ayah orkid mesti smart and brilliant jugak!

farah aminuddin said...

why ur dad objected?

Ayu said...

sha.. sebut orkid tringat citer filem tu.. ala ntah apa tajuk nya ntah lupa la.. lakonan syarifah amani tu..

but.. i wish i could have a pair of twin.. tapi.. as for now.. syukur baby dlm perut nih very aktif .. alhamdulillah..

Zyma Saad said...

Setuju dgn Kak tie....

Kene cari ayahnya dulu....
Cepat...pegi cari ayahnya.
Huhuhu.....

ashley said...

yasmin..such a beautiful name too!
a lovely descriptive writing!

t.a.c.a said...

mesti supercute yaamin nie...

sI tEDI said...

aduhai.. x boleh ke tanpa ayah wujud orkid.. macam tiba-tiba jek.. eh eh.. soalan..

chekdenoor said...

Salam.... aha.... pandangan yang jauh kehadapan....baby girl ...orkid namanya ....kui..kui....cute nama tu.....

Chekde ada sedara....letak nama anaknyer maizurah ....tapi papa dia kata susah nak sebut ...so....akhirnya nama nickname for maizurah ialah "noni" ....ukhusss.... macam-macam.... boleh

xiiinam said...

Orkid nama yang sedap...
ckLah pun teringin mengabdikan nama-nama Melayu kepada anak...tapi orang lain tak setuju (walhal anak tu ckLah yang lahirkan...ahaks!)

Anak lelaki ckLah dulu ckLah nak namakan Bestari. Orang bantah. Jadilah Nabil. Maknnya masih sama > Bijak. Harap dia jadi bijak..

imHepPie said...

pastu ank sterusnya mesti anggerik, seroja, cempaka, mawar, kenanga kan??hik3...

azzaliena suziantie feisal said...

imheppie..tol2 ak setuju gan ko..
hahaha

Pocket said...

pocket buleh jadi bapak nyer orkid!!
with certain factor to be taken consideration lah kan :D

wuhuuu!!
(Ayat controversial of the year!!)

hasni said...

sis
orkid=anggerik kan?
sis suka orkid,while im really addicted to anggerik
seyes
but both refer to the same flower rite?

[ o k e d ] said...

oked?me?

ayan mane?hahaha..