Wednesday, October 07, 2009

sha: the colour of your brassiere

Originally uploaded by veeliam
"The results of a number of surveys and studies in many different countries show that between 70% to 100% of women wear incorrectly fitted bras."
- wikipedia.

I was so enthusiastic about The Breast Cancer month until I bought most Pink Edition magazines (I just bought Women's Weekly). I read about breast cancer survivors, information on breast cancer, information about the breast itself and so on.

Why?

Because I have breasts. That's it.

I can't imagine the agony that the women has to go through at that particular part. I know that giving birth is much more painful, but have you ever imagine about the pain at your chest or specifically the breasts? (if you're a man, imagine your nipples instead). If you ask me, I don't want to have any pain at all at that area. I can call my mummy:(

When I was in primary school, we played with the boys. Football, tingting, badminton, galah panjang, and bola cop. I loved galah panjang the most but I hated the elbows. Sometimes the play got too passionate, everyone tend to forget they were players from both sides - girls and boys. So, when a boy wanted to prevent you to go through, he forgot (or pretend to forget) to safe the girls' breast from his elbow.

Impact from elbow to breasts?


Trust me, I had that.

That's the reason why some elderly won't let the girls to play with the boys. But those days were different, nothing sexual happened from those incidents. The only thing we did after the game was either to shrug it off or to apologise (which rarely happened because boys will be boys). Otherwise, if you're not tough enough, don't play with the boys. Play masak-masak!

Things changed over the years. If you're asking me to play galah panjang with the boys again these days, I will automatically decline the request.

What seemed to be small in the old days are growing bigger.
Whoever you called friend in the old days is now eligible to be your husband.
They are not boys. They are men.

I'm going brassiere shopping today.

I have made some research about how to choose a good bra which fits.

Wikipedia, (my favourite site) gave me some tips. I am lucky to read the articles before I'm getting my period again, otherwise I have to wait (reading is the key). I also learned that there are number of complications which can raised as a result of choosing wrong bras.

I also found this very impressive and helpful videos in YouTube:

So, to women out there - please choose your bra wisely. The pain won't be because of the elbow if you're not.

White is too pure and innocent.
Black looks naughty.
Red looks daring.
Blue looks prefect.
Green looks earthy.
Yellow and Orange looks a bit Thaipusam. (because of the marigold)
Pink...
Purple...
Grey...
Apple Green...?!!!

I have a question:

Why do men run away everytime they see the signboard Triumph in the mall?
Why can't they participate?

I think I'm asking the right question at the right time.

It's breast cancer month.

Let's pray for the women:)

* By the way, Triumph has butterfly cut bras.....nice!

*(edited: grammar error!~)

30 comments:

Super HaNa said...

ala,,diorang lari kunun malu..tp suka
ehehehe

Ayu said...

ermm.. do i need to aswer the question??

k la jawab jugak la... kang jenab nangis plak..

maybe men tu sumer malu kunun nanti org kata depa nih sex maniac plak.. pi tempat triumph tu.. or maybe dia org nih menahan.. tahan apa tu?? erkk..

fairy said...

ye lelaki malaysia malu sgt2 bila nampak kedai2 mcm tu.malu konon tp sebenarnya suke tengok..

Tie said...

Err.. tak tahu nak cakap apa. Kak tie juga malu, ekekeke......

sI tEDI said...

ekekekekekeke... aku kalau jalan dengan kawan lelaki.. selamba jek.. dia pun selamba.. ha ha ha..

manje said...

sis!
soryy sangat kalau sis terasa.
takde niat langsung post tu nak sakitkan hati anyone else.just luahan.
it's just that i'm so sad orang talk bad about someone i care so much,and i know he's not like what they're talking about.
=(
ntahla,sian dia.
sorry sis tak masuk plak comment ni dgn post sis =))

~♥ cik intan® said...

.kit pun suke triumph ;p

kakchik said...

i always refers to avon expert before choosing a bra. they gave a very good advice and the pros and cons in choosing the type of bra to buy.

regarding the Q, i can't answer it because i've never buy the undies with men even my husband, never.

miera a.k.a merr said...

hmm...interesting ini topic.. sbb ramai gk yg x amek taw psl sume ni.....

>> kalu sy segan gk kalu jalan2 ngn guys..pastu lalu ctu..adeh..sy senyap n tunduk je..smpi da lepas baru rs lega...hee~

imHepPie said...

triumph sgt besh tpi mahal lorr

sya said...

ehehehe..
kalau husband, ikut mood dia laa..
kadang2, dia tolong pilihkan sekali..
kadang2, dia kata, pilih lah sendiri.. :P

Pocket said...

'Why do men run away everytime the sees the signboard Triumph in the mall?

its because we dont know how to participate, and the usual answer u'll get from us would be somewhat as below:
1) look comfy,
2) Beautiful? u'r not intending to show those in public do u? they why care?
3) 149.90!!?

so why do u even bother to ask us to tag along, let us sit somewhere with a newspaper n u can have my card...

hehehehe, the man in the pocket commented.

the boy in the pocket would say,
'sha sha!! jom main galah panjang jom:D'

~Kak AZZ~ said...

ekekekekeke.....Triumph mmg mahal tapi selesa dan tahan lama maa....

*kadang2 nak beli sendiri punya bra pun malu walaupun pergi dgn kawan2 perempuan...hahaha.....

(thanx sbb link..)

zino said...

terpaksa lari... takut terbayang yg bukan bukan kot hehe...

tapi kalau hazwan dia terus cakap... ee tak maluu sambil tutup mata hehe

kakpah said...

many relate bra with private parts of your body that need to be concealed. Whenever I bought bras I would make sure that I pushed my husband away to the furthest corner of that shopping area hik..hik..

en_me said...

sonoknyerr tengok bra tewww.. ahaha

Cik Qemm said...

the boyfriends will be away when they see 'triumph' sign.

but husbands? i dont know.

julietchun said...

rasa tak selesa kalo ada lelaki berkeliaran kat tempat gitu.

Ili Saharudin said...

i think they just malu~kalau my brothers siap2 dr jauh lagi dah ckp kat my mum kalau nak masuk kedai bra..ckp awal2..leh la dieorg g melencong kedai lain..hehe

ZARA 札拉 said...

woot~

I learned it myself~
read from any articles, magazines~

=)

Mom not really talked about it, terpaksa belajar sendiri~ Uhuks~

lankapo said...

ok lah tu lari...normal what

imagine ladies tlg pilih2 kan
underwear utk bf/hubby

mesti tk selesa kan..haha

aishah_conteng_je said...

saya pernah remove lump on my right breast. it is painful and scary.
saya jumpa lump tu sebab selalu buat self check.
semua orang patut tahu cara2 nak check.
lelaki pun..untuk anak2 dan isteri.
sekarang saya jumpa lagi satu lump.


pasal lelaki di department bra tu..aishah segan jugak kalau lelaki yg muda2 tu. tapi kalau rasa dia suami orang, i dont mind.

[ o k e d ] said...

kalo pakai bra 10 hengget jek?
ok..bra 10hengget lagi selesa dari bra yg bukan1 hargenye tuh..

dotblogspotdotkom said...

pakcik tak malu.. tapi salegirl tu yg tersipu2....

malu?.. idok le... thinQ +ve.. it's necessary... dan semua orang tahu bra tu utk apa... cuma pemikiran kita je yg kurang terbuka.....

ntah le....

nak pilih bra bersama isteri malu konon...tapi dalam bra.. nak... opss... memang tak menahan btl...

ashie023 said...

aku ske pakai triumph je...
dan aku daring ari nih...ahahha

cookie devine said...

still looking for Triump minimizer.hurmmmm....

kuina said...

triump agak mahal padahal kilangnya kat kulim aja... cehhh...

nak pilih bra pun kena ada ilmu gak kan tak boleh main hentam aje.

BTW hargailah apa yang anda miliki sebelum kehilangannya.

blogresipi said...

butterfly? memang nice.heheheh

hasni said...

sis
like ur writing
simple but very knowlegeable
:-)

Adila said...

..too expensive~
i rather spend on food haha

but then.. oh well i'm one to talk la cuz i'm flat lol lalala~