When I was sitting for my SPM trial in 1999,there was a Tamil film shown at TV2 called Padayappa. It was a film starred by the macho Rajnikanth as the hero and the beautiful Ramyan Krishnan as a villain.
This year, they are not showing Padayappa for Deepavali but I still remember most of Padayappa's scenes.
For Padayappa's clips - click here.
You'll enjoy it, I can assure you.
Even when you're a Malay like me:P
So, why Padayappa? I'll tell you why:)
10 things I like about Padayappa:
1. Padayappa is an engineer - it means Padayappa values education and skills because it's hard to find a job in India even when you're educated.
2. Padayappa is a very obedient son - when his mother asks him to marry, he follows his mother decision.
3. Padayappa chooses an ordinary looking woman who works as a servant rather than choosing a rich beautiful woman as his wife:)
4. Padayappa is a family man - when his has any problems, he rather stays with the family than going back to town.
5. Padayappa is brave and visionary. He digs his hill and finds granite. It means, Padayappa is hardworking and is not waiting for his luck.
6. Padayappa saves her sister's honour by marrying her off to an engineer who is hired by him.
7. Padayappa does a lot of service to the poor even though he is rich.
8. Padayappa prefers a confession of love when it comes to marriage. Shall there be any objection, the wedding is off.
9. Padayappa knows how to flip things with...zup...zaappp...zuppp...zaapppp...
10. Padayappa dance - but it looks funny.
PADAYAPPA!!! <---this is my favourite Tamil movie.
So, if your Indian friend is giving you muruku, ask the person about Padayappa. This is a classic, they should know this movie more than I do!
When I was watching Grey's Anatomy just now, I was captured by this statement, "He is my prince." The statement made by a woman who was saved by George O'Malley until he got hit by the bus.
She said, she was eyeing for someone handsome but she did not realised that the ordinary looking guy in front of her who was eventually saved her. For that, she thought that he was supposed to be her prince. Her hero.
I know the way I'm choosing a hero is a bit funny. I mean, I don't expect my hero to eat tosei and wear gold chain or dance funnily. But looking at the values, I think my choice is not that bad. Right?!
Superman, Spiderman, Cicakman...everything. There are all heroes. Our parents are heroes.
Please tell me dear friends...
Besides your family, your friends and your partner...who is your hero?
Reason: As I stated above
How about you?
Originally uploaded by artist KARTHIK - ANIKARTICK