Sunday, November 29, 2009

orkid's cafe: budi setahun segunung intan

He said he loved me. I knew he loved me. His eyes said so. Sometimes when he thought that I didn't notice, he would look at me while I was doing my work. I felt the stare and when I did, a tingle of warmth crept from my heart up to my cheeks and a precious smile of mine would form easily. I would look up and stare at him to blow my smile.

Being wicked, he would pretend as if he didn't do anything. But he couldn't lie - for I knew that his ghost of smile would certainly haunt me as he walked away to do his chores.

I'm missing the time of our breakfast together. Every morning, he would wake me up with; "Princess, open your eyes." And I would say, "Give me a minute, I need to brush first." He would then teased me with, "I think you should use that thing from Colgate, my love." I smiled. A good way of starting a day.

We would sit in mamak, reading our favourite newspaper together. He frowned lesser than me, but he laughed a lot. I always believe in the opposite attraction. He would show me all the good news after I showed him the bad news. The heat of discussion would never turned cold with him. He was smart, playful and thoughtful at the same time.

He didn't mind an extra egg on my Roti Jantan because we dipped into the sunny side eggs in the same plate. He would ask me to drink the Susu Halia from his cup, because he always believe that drinking from the same cup would make our love grow.

While he was licking the yolk on his lips, I would smile - thinking that I was the luckiest girl in the world.

But that has changed.

He hasn't been talking to me for days. I'm feeling like singing the song of Agnes Monica,

"Kau kekasihku tapi orang lain bagiku."

Silent treatment was killing me. I hoped that he would stop doing so. I was the one who supposed to get angry, not him. He was the one who was cheating on me!!!

It was my fault of not respecting his privacy. It was my fault that I checked his cell phone.
But who in the hell was Mek?!

When I confronted him, he got angry. He became silent. I begged for explanation. He grew quiet since Thursday. Before this he still said yes or no, but now he only nodded his head. My worst fear was controlling my head. It started to sing Rossa's song, Takdir Cinta.

"Andai aku bisa lebih adil pada cinta kau dan dia..."

I couldn't hold it anymore. We must talk.

"My love, who is Mek?" I asked him.

"Someone I love," he answered.

"You love her more than you love me?"

"Yes."

I felt the sting behind my head and tears started to slide on my cheeks. I checked my composure and straightened my shoulders. We must continue regardless of how sad I'm going to be.

"How long have you been with her?"

"More than you know." his eyes were cold.

"Why? Am I not treating you good enough?" I cried.

"You do. It's just me...you know. I'm hiding something from you," he said.

"There must be something! Don't lie, darling. What have I done wrong to you?" my shoulders shook with grief.

"I have a family somewhere in Malaysia. Not just you," he said slowly.

"Nooooo..." I cried.

How could he? I thought I don't have to go through all this again. I don't have beauty or smartness. But why did he kept it secret? A family! That's huge! I didn't know that I have to share! Or is he going to tell me that I'm just his object for amusement? He no longer need me?

"Sirih sekapurlah abang
Berseri muka
Bunga setangkai cik abang
Penyambut kata
Kalau tuan sayang hamba
Tidaklah padi berusang hamba

Takkan berusanglah abang
Padi diladang
Takkan terbang hai abang
Pipit di ladang
Kekasih rindu dikenang
Budi setahun segunung intan"

I heard myself singing Ahmad Jais's song.

I cried my heart out.

"Kakak! Dah...tak payah kupas bawang ni lagi. Air mata kau meleleh-leleh. Kupas bawang lagi teruk mata kau..." I heard ibu's voice.

I looked at the onions in front of me. My puffy eyes are not functioning properly. I couldn't see clearly. I took the tissues and dabbed it on my cheeks and left the kitchen.

I was daydreaming.

Adoi!

But that was a nightmare. It was neither romantic nor sweet. It was scary!

I adjusted my pink pillow and made myself comfortable. I needed to rest my sore eyes.

When I closed my eyes, I saw him again.

"Mek is my aunty who migrated from New York to Newcastle," he told me while holding me close.

Yes, I'm short. Malaysian height. Duuuhhh!!!

"Newcastle?" I asked curiously.

"No...no...Kota Bharu. Sorry." His wicked grin restored on his face.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"They are now in Tumpat. Thing is, we can't go there. They told me there's a flood somewhere in that area. I'm just upset because I'm not with my family," he explained.

"And I was being jealous and everything?"

"Yup. I know how you feel about Kelantan after the Malaysian Cup, my sweet. If it is not much of a trouble, can we celebrate Raya Haji in Kelantan next year?"

"Definitely."

"Give me some sugar," he smiled.

Ooo...I need to censor that part. Sorry!!!

My Jack is actually Abe Jack.

Hehehe.

So much for jealousy. Even in my dreams.

I still wanted to end it with dreams. Not nightmare:)

Inspiration:
Click for the story and pictures.

Selamat Hari Raya Aidiladha to all Kelantanese.
I know you're still celebrating.
That's one good thing that I will certainly acknowledge.

Sha is not that mean, you see:P

22 comments:

mier@merr said...

1st???


pocket!! im 1st!!


hahaha...

mier@merr said...

yes!! yes!! pocket kalah kali ni!!

hahahaha :)

mier@merr said...

kak sha... u sgt kuat berangan hokeh...hehe...

but so scary if that thing happen in real life..no..no...

Fatt Chin Choy said...

minah berangan
ko kuat makan buah berangan ni
keke

speckurosaklagi said...

kupas bawang?

~Kak AZZ~ said...

aiyooooo.....sampai bila nak berangan ni Sha....Mudah2an angan2 tu menjadi kenyataan ya Sha...

buah berangan mmg sedap la....tapi mahal gilerrr....huhu..

slmt hr raya qorban utk Sha n fmly....

blogresipi said...

Berangan sambil kupas bawang ye... ni kalau ibu tau anak dia dok berangan kena cubit agaknye.hehe

Erna said...

dah tak sakit ke matanye bolih menulis panjang ni...berangan dalam tulisan ni o.k lagi sha..jangan asek berangan betul2 dialam nyata kerja tak menjadi nanti

ashley said...

Kagum!
sambil kupas bawang, fikiran boleh melayang layang...
he he he

LORD ZARA 札拉 said...

Hehehe~
sambil2 kupas bawang pun boleh kak?
wewiit~
hehehe~

abg beckham i asyik migrate~
i benci2~
kih3~

Kujie said...

iss...anak dara beragan sampai mcm tu...abislah bkn nasi je hangus....

kakchik said...

LOL... and I thought it was for real.
Anyway, you never fail to amaze me with you stories.
Eid Mubarak Sha!
Yes, we are still celebrating Eid here.

Cik Qemm said...

kak sha ni ade2 jela angan nye.org baru syok bace tup2 daydreaming?haha.

anyway selamat hari raya juga!

my family celebrating raya haji at kelantan while me at penang. refuse to go back to hometown because of my work but still i didn't touch it.wahaha~~

iza~de~bintang said...

Hi Sha, mata dah sihat kah? Masih merah?

Amboi jauhnya berangan. Hati2 jangan sampai terkupas jari pulak hehe.

Tapi berangan memang syiok, macam2 cerita boleh karang ;)

~LP Lum~ said...

adus kak sha... memula bca mcm real aje.. tp ur story alwayz superb ar kak.. :)

lupekanje said...

sha, u always confusing me with ur imagination stories..rasa nk dusyummm je budak nih..!! sib bek sakit mata...heheh..

et said...

haha..nice story..tgg daya imaginasi kak sha..ngeee~

Tie said...

Waaakakakaa....

Ingat kak tie sorang je yang kuat berangan!!

Zyma Saad said...

Angan2 biar jadi kenyataan, Sayang.

;)

izan said...

sha,

cuba bayangkan.... wah larrr... bestnyer barangan.... waktu tu kan... fuuhhhh......
.
.
.
.
.
alangkah sedapnya kalau dapat makan kfc waktu ni.... alar shedap2 nyer.. makan panas2 dan berasap lagi.... tapi sekarang dah malam.. tak boleh keluar... esok dah nak keje...

hasni said...

huhu
sis sha
suka berangan mcm ah fatt cakap
tp seronok bc tulisan sis:-)
selamat hari raya aidiladha ya sis
thn dpn smbt kat new castle ok!
haaha

a.z.r.i.n.a.03.07 said...

dulu masa bujang suka gak berangan .. nak kawen ngan orang cam hindustan bagai..

sejak 2 ke 3 tahun ni baru benti berangan.. pasal asek xdapat jer apa yg diangankan..huhuhu..