Saturday, November 28, 2009

orkid's cafe: ida nerina ate frog legs?


Fried FROG Legs
Originally uploaded by
Siomuzzz
My eyes are enduring the worst uncomfortable pain I've ever had while I'm writing this. While I was trying to comment on your blogs (especially to the ones who had kindly visited my blog - Thank You), I just realised that my eyes are not using its full ability. I have small eyes. SEPET. So, since the eyes sore is making my eyes bulging like a frog's - the chances of me opening my eyes are very limited.

I spent my Hari Raya sleeping because my eyes tire easily.

My parents went back to my grandmother's house without me. I did not managed to taste the ever so delicious meal cooked by my grandmother.

I was alone in my house, trying to be a good parent to Jenab and Fernando Bulu. Unfortunately, my babies were having lack of attention. Jenab ate in the afternoon and did not get cleaned earlier. My Fernando did not managed to play with me. He posed for pictures but the pictures I've taken were not focused correctly. Poor babies. I'll show you Fernando's pictures once my brothers are not using the camera.

Since I was handicapped, I tried to watch TV with lesser concentration. I loved what Astro did for the Malaysians. This year, they are showing few programs for the pilgrims in Mecca; and a nice drama starred by Vanidah Imran. Thank you, Astro Oasis. I think this should be continued. The good news for our family was that we managed to watch my uncle interviewed while performing his Haj! I know most of us who are having family members in Mecca right now are missing them and the chance to know what are they doing over there will be a bless.

I also watched the repeated show of Amazing Raze Asia 3 where four Malaysian citizens were competing in a tough game. One of the contestant was our very own beautiful and talented actress, Ida Nerina.

The game was fun and exciting. I applaud Ida and Tania who managed to overcome all the hardship and took all the challenges. But there was one task which was a bit doubtful to me:

The contestants must eat frog legs and fried insects and bugs.

I am so sorry for bringing up this sensitive topic during this festive season. The last news I read about Ida Nerina was about her fractured spine in The Star. I do not wish to create any sensation from this posting and I wish Ida and the family well.

I hope the bucket the gave to the contestants to spit back what they have eaten has been used by Ida and Tania. I read somewhere in the net stating that they just munched it. But being a fan, a Malay and a Muslim, I couldn't help thinking about the possibility of Ida and Tania eating the frogs. Seeing the Singaporeans eating it in Makansutra or A Cook's Tour (both in Asian Food Channel) did not gave me any impact compared to seeing Ida eating it in the Amazing Race 3.

I'm still surfing for the answers.
It's a bit disturbing for someone with sore eyes.

I'm curious.
I hope this is just temporary.

Nevertheless, the number three spot was awesome.

20 comments:

Ries Lee said...

mata saye pun sepet sha...
huhuhu...

joegrimjow said...

eat frog??
eeeiiwwww

mier@merr said...

saya suda tada sepet :)

~Kak AZZ~ said...

eeeiiiii.....akak tgk masa last episode je explorace tu... Nasib baik tak tgk masa dia makan benda alah tu....kalau tak mau.....bluwekkk....haha...

*apsal dorang tak suruh dia siyom je katak tu...untung2 katak tu bertukar jadi putera raja....hikkk....

sian Sha tak baik2 lg mata dia.....huhu...

speckurosaklagi said...

mata saya bulat....tp bila dah pakai spec..kebulatan itu tak terserah lawa bulatnye...huhuhu

oo jimie adik akak...
pernah jumpa dia 2kali..
tanya dia ttg spec apa pandangan dia ttg speckurosaklagi...

hahaha....
sungguh kicik dunia ini...

blogresipi said...

Frog? euuu.... hahaha.... :D
Psst, Sha raya sorang sorang ke? meh raya ngan kami kat cini lah :)

ashley said...

Cheryna,
peserta dari Asia tidak menggambarkan orang Asia as a whole..
Not like amazing race US.
I can't believe it either...
(that of nerina's eating)

sueanne said...

alahai sha..tinggal sorang2 ye..sian sha..

sue tgk gak amazing race tue..tp tang mkn katak tue tak perasan lak..termissed lak part tue..huhuh..slmt xtgk..mengelikanssss..euuuwww..

Kujie said...

uik sha...jgnlah sampai terdesak perlu cari katak nak cium..hehehe


kalau pun nak, dtg je rumah kak jie..ada banyak tengah berorkestra

hv a nice weken sha.

t.a.c.a said...

Selamat Hari Raya kak sha... jaga kesihatan elok2..jgn overwork mata tu..ok?

by the way...jgn makan katak :P

farah aminuddin said...

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww (p***)

zino said...

betul ke? memang tak patut..

tapi memang rugi tak balik kampong rendang ayam sedappp hehe

ashie023 said...

yup..ambe ada tgk gak..ambe ada perasan..euuuww..gross..and for the muslim...kalu darurat bulehlah nak makang katak ngan biawak..tp yang tu kira camno tuh?...ambe pong x tau daaa..

get well soon..dah jadik sepet dah mata...

Fatt Chin Choy said...

mana blh makan katak kan

zeqzeq said...

hotdog punya sepupu, adik kateh ayam...kategori nama yang serupa

Cik Qemm said...

erm kaki katak?
isk cemane la diorg kunyah tuh.

et said...

eh3..bukan katak due alam ke? bukan xley makan? uh oh..gelinyer~~

juelee said...

raya sorang2? ciannnnn sha... jue pun tahun ni raya cam tak raya je hahaha

Pocket said...

katak kalau setakat makan n then luah pun pocket tak sanggup,
kalau makan n telan?
tak naaakkk!! tak halal and everything makes it easier to make an excuse :D

tp kawan pocket pernah keja kat restoran masak katak...
keja dia goreng kaki katak yg kecik kecik utk dibuat hiasan atas nasi goreng katanya...

rapuh cam ikan bilis katanya :D heheheh

L said...

katak?
They said it's crispy~
..and been called as "burung terbang" in Indonesia~