Tuesday, April 27, 2010

orkid's cafe: the romantic fettuccine alfredo

Originally uploaded by sisizaneo
I have been vomitting quite a lot. The content of my stomach just spurt anywhere it wished to. I will have to find the most suitable place for it quickly - the toilet bowl.

Otherwise, it will spurt on the carpet like yesterday.
Or the sofa like the day before.
Or the kitchen while cleaning the fish like a day before that.

Buweeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkk....!!!

The slimy yellow, greenish fluid pooled in the toilet bowl. That was the result of eating my favourite Gulai Pucuk Ubi Kayu. It seemed that my favourites were no longer my favourites. This was the third time I was throwing my favourite food in the toilet bowl.

I vomitted Nasi Lemak dengan Sambal Sotong Basah.
I vommitted TGI Friday's Potato Skin.
I even vommitted Telur Dadar!

Drops of tears run down my cheeks. The feeling inside my throat was indescribable. Something was stuck there but I don't know what it was. My chest was feeling heavy and strange. And I felt like...

Buweeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkk....!!!

Again.

So, I had to wait. Thirty minutes passed and I knew I was clear. So, I cleaned my mouth, washed my face and dabbed a cool clean purple towel on my face.

Then, I reached for the phone.

The song Terlanjur Cinta was hurting my eardrums. For some reason Pasha and Rossa were no longer my interests as well.

What was happening to me?

Me: Hello, B.
Him: Hello, sayang. Are you okay?
Me: Muntah-muntah lagi.
Him: Laaaaaa...yeke? Berapa kali hari ni?
Me: Adalah 4-5 kali jugak.
Him: Ciannye dia butah yeee...
Me: Jangan ejek I boleh tak. Penat tau muntah ni!
Him: Tak ejek. I meant it, sayang...
Me: B...I penat muntah.
Him: I know, sayang. Tapi I tengah kerja ni.
Me: Sorry to disturb you.
Him: I tengah ada discussion. Nanti I call you balik?
Me: Lama ke?
Him: Give me 15 minutes. Please?
Me: Okay. Bye B...
Him: Bye...

And he put down the phone.

I felt hurt. I mean, I was not like this before. I won't call him at work either. But lately I have been over sensitive. I need my partner to be with me. Always~!

When I put my head to rest, I automatically dozed off.

Suddenly, I smelled something nice.

Mmmmmm....that smelled like...

Him: Sayang...bangun...makan...
Me: Taknak makan. (my eyes were still close)
Him: Bangunlah...
Me: Tak lalu, B...
Him: Tengok dulu apa ni. Mana boleh perut kosong. Makan sikit ek!

And I felt his weight on my bed. My eyelids were automatically opened.

He was smiling. I smiled weakly at him.

Him: Makan k!
Me: Apa tu? (I asked without looking at the plate)
Him: Something special!

I looked at the plate.

"...a pasta dish made from fettuccine pasta tossed with Parmesan cheese and butter. As the cheese melts, it emulsifies the liquids to form a smooth and rich coating on the pasta."
- Wikipedia

Me: Alfredo?!
Him: (nodded with a smile)
Me: But...why?

"The restaurant's story is that the dish was invented by di Lelio at his restaurant Alfredo alla Scrofa in 1914 as a variation of fettuccine al burro. When butter was added both before and after fettuccine was put in the serving bowl, the butter was known as doppio burro (double butter). Di Lelio's original contribution was to double the amount of butter in the bowl before the fettuccine would be poured in (thus a triplo burro (triple butter) effect instead of double) which he started doing for his pregnant wife who was having difficulty keeping food down. Alfredo added the new dish to his restaurant's menu when his wife began eating again."

Him: Alfredo loved his wife. And so do I.

I smiled at the prawns and broccoli and started to eat with relish. Strangely I had no morning sickness since then.

My Jebat Ar-Rayyan a.k.a Jack Bass was doing his magic again. I was having my dinner on bed and he was feeding me with golden spoon and fork (like the one given by Mary Pickford and Douglas Fairbanks to Alfredo di Lelio) when...

"Bajet RM20 cukup tak nak buat Fettucine, kak?" he asked me.

I smiled.

"Kak!!!"

"Aaaaa...apa?"

"Orang nak suruh buat fettucine. Bajet RM20 cukup tak? Nanti orang belikan barang..." Adik said.

"Cukup...cukup..." I answered lazily.

My mind drifted back to...

"Imagine kalau Orkid punya rupa macam Alessandro Nesta..." my darling said romantically while rubbing my tummy.

Awwwwww...isn't it nice if that was true, folks?!

Hehe. Sha is still dreaming...

* to read more about Fettucine Alfredo, please visit wikipedia!

13 comments:

et said...

ohho.daydreaming ye kak sha?

ashie023 said...

spacing out ke dongsaeng??ahahha..aigoo dream dream dream wherever i want u/..kan best kalu mimpi jadik nyata..

and lazat lazat FETTUCCINE ALFREDO...ermmmm...delicious yummy umai oichiiii...(dah masuk bahasa jepun segala dah..ahaha)

~LP Lum~ said...

salam kak sha~

hehehe... sape "b" tu eik?? :p
yang 1st atau yg nom 2? :p

Quiyah & Hasrul said...

dear, u're making me crave for it.. haih..

t.a.c.a said...

kak sha...u just make me drool again :P

hasni said...

wonder to know
sapalah bapak c orkid
hihi
nice story kak shah
taula apa itu Fettucine Alfredo
ingtkan nama orang
hihi

fa10 said...

Tergoda la nmpk Fettucine Alfredo tu. Sblm ni akak x pernah tahu pun namanya... semuanya panggil pasta aje..ekekek

Kapten said...

angan2 ko sweet
tak sama mcm aku yg haramjadah
haha

Yunus Badawi said...

Ceit saya ingat awak dah ada pengganti Sepet!

Anyway, nice dream.

sya said...

tak pe sha...
angan2 dulu.. nanti jadi kenyataan.. hehehe..

zino said...

jangan jadi hazwan pulak.. tak boleh langsung terbau yg tak enak cepat je uweekkk dia tu hehe

Othman Juliana said...

oh, so sweet dear~
if only it can be true right, lets wish together! ahaks!

Cik Qemm said...

berangan lagi kak sha ni! :)