Monday, April 26, 2010

sha: terima kasih cinta


This heart
Originally uploaded by xdesx
We were on the way to some place when he switched on the car radio and inserted the CD.Afgan's song, Terima Kasih Cinta soothed the ambience and I felt a bit relax. I felt like singing;)

"Jap...jap...jangan dengar dia nyanyi tau. Dengar I nyanyi," he said.

So I closed my eyes to focus on the chorus:

Terima kasih cinta untuk segalanya
Kau berikan lagi kesempatan itu
Tak akan terulang lagi
Semuaaa kesalahanku yang pernah menyakitimu...

Nice. That was awfully nice. I mean, he was not the best singer and he could never ever reached the standard of Afgan, but listening to his voice was certainly an experience. You don't get the chance of hearing someone singing everyday unless if you go for karaoke;)

And that was not really surprising. I heard him singing through the phone when his girlfriend was calling.

That suddenly made me think of the time when I sang for my own partner. When was that?

I can't remember much, folks. I remember the time when I sang You've Got The Way by Shania Twain while we were riding in his car (I made a posting out of this too)
I remember singing Don't Go Away by Oasis when we quarelled.
I remember singing That Thing You Do.
I remember singing I Still Believe.
I remember singing Never Had A Dream Come True.

So, I did sing lots of songs to my ex-partner, Mr. Sepet.

Did he sang for me? Yup. Though I have to admit that his voice was bad - everything went off the tune and he was not melodious at all. But November Rain and Kenangan Terindah were romantic enough for me. Don't Cry seemed to be a very good idea at that time. I don't know. His effort is well remembered. But then again, do I want to have a partner who sings for me? Maybe. I would want too.

Singing is romantic and several guys are doing it.

But can the songs challenge the other romantic part which I craved the most from my partner? My late grandfathers used to do this quite often. They woke up from deep slumber at late night; sitting on the sejadah while reciting the holy verses in Al-Quran. After that, they would pray for their loved ones especially their wives. I remember the part when my late grandfather cried while reciting because the Yasiin was meant to be for my late grandmother who passed away before him.

He loved her.
And he dedicated the best lyrics ever.

Some say that you tend to choose a partner who has the similar character like your father.
Pls folks, pray that I have a person whose quality resembles my late grandfathers.
Terima kasih, Cinta.
Amin!

13 comments:

Adry said...

wow... i'm touched bila baca part late gradfather tu... He loved her.
And he dedicated the best lyrics ever.

Quiyah & Hasrul said...

u know i always do.. amin..

manje said...

Hope u will sis~
i want someone who's like my father :)

p/s: i've never sang any song for anyone in my life :D

Cik Qemm said...

amin, for your wish sist.

anyway, i only can hear he sings at karaoke. sometimes when he's driving. but the song didn't dedicated for me. it's his fav song :(

i always wanted someone who sing a song with beautiful lyrics for me :D

kan romantik cmtuh.

Kengkawan said...

Aminnn...

Once someone sang Sempurna to me.
I hate him now, and i hate the song too.

Kapten said...

insyaAllah ko akan jumpa

NURUL M. said...

i luv the way u express ur feeling tru words..
entri neh memng touching..
ada taman dlm hati ke akak?

p/s arjuna qaseh=nurul m

Yunus Badawi said...

InsyaAllah semoga sha jumpa lelaki yg sha idamkan itu.

psst - kenapa Sepet nyanyi lagu Kenangan Terindah? uols dah nak break ke masa tu?

LiNda said...

Aminnn...

Pasti ada lelaki yang terbaik buat sha .

ashie023 said...

oh my...
so sweet...
i want someone to sing a romantic song for me too...tsk

iza~de~bintang said...

Part atuk Sha tu memang sangat menyentuh hati.
Masih tertunggu juga, seseorang nyanyikan bait indah untuk diri ini huhu...

p/s:Time ni tengah dengar Sesuatu Yang Indah (Padi) :)

~ mizzAmy ~ said...

kak sha, you should watch When In Rome. hopefully, kita pun macam Beth. will find someone who really love you with truly and sincerely.

~LP Lum~ said...

salam kak sha~

owh~ lagu tu ke yg di nyanyikan?? :)
hope akak akan lebih epy pas nie eik... :)
jgn sedey2 atau pkir sgt...