Tuesday, May 11, 2010

sha: lucky i'm in love with my best friend

"Unrequited love is love that is not openly reciprocated or understood as such, even though reciprocation is usually deeply desired. The beloved may or may not be aware of the admirer's deep affections. The Merriam Webster Online Dictionary defines unrequited as "not reciprocated or returned in kind"
- Wikipedia

As I watched Didier Drogba scored Chelsea's fifth goal, I had this twitch in my heart. Well, definitely it was not because of Liverpool. I had long accepted that this season is not our season, considering that the heartache increased from one game to another. This last game was definitely just another game and we were not hoping for anything anymore.

Except that we would find a good buyer for our club, of course. Nevertheless, the love for The Kops remain the same. Well, that's the use of loyal fans, right?

Speaking of loyalty. I remember the reaction of the guests who attended my friend's wedding last week. When it was mentioned that the couple had known each other for twelve years, I could hear some wincing sound.

Yes, she was patient. She was loyal. I told you about her story in my posting -love comes to those who believe it. She believed in dreams, love and fate. Eventually she got him even though he was not hers in the beginning of their friendship. They were the rare cases of bestfriends who fell for each other. But nothing is impossible in this life, right?

I smiled when I saw them holding hands. The last time I saw them together, holding hands was one of the missing items in their relationship. Because they were just friends. She was his best friend and he was hers.

They used "engkau-aku" instead of what they are using right now.
They shared sharp glances instead of the tender ones we are seeing these days.
They looked restless. Now, they look at ease and peace.

They have gone through a phase of knowing each other as friends. I remember the sweet days when she used to tease him when he scowled. Then I remember her tearful days when she felt the love but she couldn't expressed it out loud.

"The object of unrequited love is often a friend or acquaintance, someone regularly encountered in the workplace, during the course of work or other activities involving large groups of people. This creates an awkward situation in which the admirer has difficulty in expressing his/her true feelings, as a romantic relationship may be inconsistent with the existing association; revelation of the lover's feelings might invite rejection, cause embarrassment or might end all access to the beloved."

I remember this in her. But it was worth it, don't you think?

It was just like in Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat's song. It was lucky to fall in love with your best friend. The sense of loyalty, insya-Allah - was guaranteed.

Lucky I'm in love with my best friend
Lucky to have been where I have been
Lucky to be coming home again...

But I couldn't help thinking of the impossibility of me falling for my own best friend. I left him, remember? There was a sense of disloyalty in there, but I couldn't do anything else if his fiance was feeling insecured. I had to go. For his own good. For his devotion to her - I must sacrifice what we had.

It was just that...when Man U failed to win the championship, I felt as if I was missing something.

I missed the comfort talk we had after Chelsea won a game.
I missed the times when we said Terry was just ordinary.
I missed the times when I nearly puke because he complimented Berbatov.

I missed my BEST FRIEND.

My dear, was this the reason of our misery?

We were no Jason and Colbie.
We were Torres and Rooney.
The odds of Rooney playing for Liverpool?
None!

No unrequited love.

11 comments:

LORD ZARA 札拉 said...

*ehem*

please2~

I want your wedding card soon!

~LP Lum~ said...

salam kak sha~

me too.. i missing my best fren.... dia pernah menjadi best fren sy dan merangkap insan yang sy syg.. tapi skang smuanya dah berlalu, sy tnggalkan dia demi mnjaga kebahagiaan dia bersma insan yg syg akan dia.. susah nak ckp kak.. apa yg sy pernah citer ngan akak dulu dah berubah skang...

imHepPie said...

tingin nak mrasa bila saat fall in love wit besh fwen..tpi masalahnya x penah ada besh fwen laki adoyai

Anne M. said...

haila akak..
suka tahu main tarik2 tali dalam tepung..
penat tahu nak tunggu next entry..
ney pon dah berapa hari xupdate..

but i do i realy do enjoy reading your blog..
i wish my current writing style could be change.like u mb.but..i dont think so..becoz..
dat me..rite sis?

kayteeze said...

Kak tie suka lagu 'lucky' tu.... lama tak dengar.

et said...

dgn bestfren sdr? hehe.xmahu la.^^

Cik Qemm said...

i'm in love with my best-male-friend!
seriously!


mula-mula tu gune kau-aku je :P

anyway, kak sha, biase la tuh missing best friend. qemmal pun slalu. :(

Kujie said...

jgn bee bee ye sha

geli dengar...

N A N I E said...

love is blind..:)

Super Nia Hana said...

hiksss....
tersama ngan situasi watashi

~Kak AZZ~ said...

Fall in love with best friend...??

Ohh tidakkkkk.... hahaha...