Monday, June 14, 2010

wc2010: i'm not your pretzel salter!

Jom main cikgu-cikgu! Remember when we were small, one friend will be standing in front and play the teacher while others are sitting in front of that person and play the students?

Let's do it!

I'm the teacher and I'm the student in this posting. But you can participate too:)

Instruction:
Make a story based on this word as a figure of speech: P.R.E.T.Z.E.L

It is quite common in German to say, "Today the sun is really pretzling down (the sun is really stinging)."

Sha:
Today, the sun is not pretzling down at all. Even though I am sweating as the temperature in my room is as hot as a newly baked pretzel, the rain outside made it impossible for me to go out and enjoy myself. Luckily, it did not disturb my Astro connection. I still managed to watch one of my sweethearts by the name of Mr. Bastian Schweinsteiger;P

Bavarians have a number of expressions related to the pretzel. A Brezensoizer (pretzel salter), perhaps originally a baker's term, is a person doing lowly work. Saying "I’m not your pretzel salter!" would mean, "I’m not your servant".

Sha:
I am your superior and you are my staff. So, if I'm giving you an instruction and dateline, please follow. I'm not your pretzel salter! Please remind yourself that I'm not receiving any instruction from you.It's the other way around.

* Waaaaa....bunyi bossy tak?

Another saying is "he got pretzeled" (gebrezelt), meaning "he crashed", for example, skiing down the mountain or falling off a bike.

Sha:
My friend got pretzeled near the eating place recently. She was wearing high heels that day, The next time she wanted to go to the eating place, she changed to slippers. She didn't want to get pretzeled again!

One can also say "I pretzeled him one", meaning, "I gave him a punch in the nose or face"

Sha:
My anger has not yet been subsided and I'm feeling like pretzling a bimbo!

... "he pretzeled down the road at 100 km/h", meaning, he "really stepped on it"

Sha:
I have to stop being angry, otherwise I won't realise that I was pretzeling down the road at 100km/h. It's not good. I'm not up to that standard yet.

On the other hand, a "pretzeled appearance" means "very stylishly dressed or combed".

Sha:
The reason why I liked Zainal Arief, Jack Bass and Will Garner is because of their pretzel appearance. Hehehe.

An electrician might say, "The wire pretzeled me one", meaning "I got sizzled or shocked".

Sha:
Green pretzeled me when he missed the ball in England's game yesterday.

So, folks, what do you think about the word pretzel?
It's not just food;)

Quoted from: Wikipedia

11 comments:

mier@merr said...

kak sha pretzeled me when she say she read that novel 3 times,

mier@merr said...

up sket....

not in a year..

but in a week...

kak Erna said...

sha..zaman acik tak main cik gu2 ni..main masak2 je..

ashie023 said...

it;s not just food..it's the love of ur life..ahahha..amik ko..ntah ape2...hidup hanya untuk makan..

~ mizzAmy ~ said...

pretzel? tak pernah guna that word lah. tetiba nak bukak urban dictionary. hehehe...

Othman Juliana said...

masa kecik dulu-memanjang jue kena jadi murid bila main cikgu2 dgn kakak2. sbb, hanya jue yg terror buat tone, "selamat pagi cikguuuuuuuuu,.." *oh, windu time tu sbb masing2 masih bersatu~ isk!

anyway, pretzel reminds me of Auntie Anne's pretzel~ with the dip source-nyummy! and my ex-colleague (russian) penah ckp gini, "jules, you are as hot as pretzel out from the oven,..." and i was thinking, "why pretzel? takpe, lunch ni pi klcc-pow dia suh blanje aku pretzel!"~

a.z.r.i.n.a.03.07 said...

lama pulak tak makan aunt ann's pretzel...


orang kampung panggil roti jer.. ye tak Sha.. ?

dotblogspotdotkom said...

dalam term despes... tak de perkataan tu... huhuhuhuh

en_me said...

nampak cam sedap jer.. ehehe

Dee said...

camana nk buat ayat..kenal pretzel pun bila dh besor panjang..hahaha..

Cik Qemm said...

thank you teacher!