Saturday, June 26, 2010

wc2010: the land of asam pedas

Originally uploaded by mat_gebu
How many siblings do you have?
I have three. All brothers - I'm proud to say.

How many siblings do you have at home?
None.

Not anymore. Today, I'm sending one to the Land of Asam Pedas. Tomorrow I'm sending the other one to the Land of Red Giants. Next month, another one will be sent to the Land of Asam Pedas.

My late grandfather used to say, "Kalau nak kahwin, kahwin orang Melaka." It might be the culture in both Negri Sembilan and Malacca is almost similar - we are straight forward people who just spit our heart out when it comes to the art of talking;)

All three brothers were/are studying in Malacca - I have seen no glimpse of Malacca girls in our home so far. I'm wondering if there is any.

The first and second brother were begging for other food when they came back from Malacca. "Ibu...jangan masak asam!" they said.

I'm yet to find whether the third brother will be the same.

Haaiii...maybe asam pedas is easy to find on that land. But it's my favourite if my brothers hate it. Maybe I'm the one whose supposed to marry person from Malacca. Hehehe;)

Now, I wonder..how long is the history of asam pedas?
Was it there when the anchestor of Christiano Ronaldo conquered Malacca?
Or was it there when during Dirk Kuyt's ancestors' time?
Or was it started during Steven Gerrard's ancestor's time?
Perhaps later, during Honda's ancestor's time?

Gossshhh...we had times of the conquerors, Malaysians.

I'm going to be one today.

Malacca, here comes Sha Bonaparte!
(or Sha Bond 007 from Orkid's Cafe)

*thanks to Mat Gebu. It is because of him, this picture is available in Flickr.

8 comments:

Adila said...

...i am craving for asam pedas now
asam pedas ikan pari... *drool*

i didnt know that asam pedas is from malacca lol
now i do xD

~LP Lum~ said...

salam kak sha~

hehhe... asam pedas, mam ngan kicap manis cap kipas udang.. pergh... terangkat... sape2 yg lalu pun xperasan... :)

Kujie said...

kak jie blum makanlah sha...out dululah..tak tahan nafsu tgok

Yunus Badawi said...

Emak Adam baru aje masak asam pedas semalam. Ikan pari, mayong dan tenggiri. Semua ada, semua campur sekali. Kalau saya tahu Sha suka makan asam pedas, boleh saya jemput semalam hehehe

Lan Bingka said...

asam pedas..memang kesukaan saya!

Super Nia Hana said...

uwa....nampak sedap..ikan pari pulak

Cik Qemm said...

i have three brothers too kak sha!

and one at home now :D

N A N I E said...

sedapnya asam pedas makan dengan nasi panas..errmmmmm