Saturday, July 24, 2010

orkid's cafe: assam laksa belacan busuk

Originally uploaded by borninnovember
I looked around me and I saw him.

"Kasut merah?" he asked. I nodded.
"Banyak ke baju merah you?"
"Bolehlah. But this one is only for occasions, " I explained.
"I see..." he smiled. G...that smile could kill me!

I looked at him and noticed the maroon stripes on his shirt. The stone on his ring is red too. Darn....ring?!!!

But that didn't look like an engagement ring, or wedding ring. It looked like...

"My dad bought this ring," he casually explained as if he knew what was in my mind.

I blushed.

"I'm not married, Sha, " he continued. Dang...was there anything that he didn't know? He could read my mind really...really well.

"I lapar..." I tried to change the topic.
"Nak makan nasi?" I shook my head.
"Habis?"
"I tak tau you suka ke tak..." I said slowly.
"Try me."
"Laksa?"
"Assam?"
"Yes."
"Tak...I tak suka. Boleh makan, but not my favourite," the answer was straightforward.
"Okay....kita pergi tempat lain lah?" I suggested.
"Takpelah...kita pergi tempat you tu..."
"Tapi...laksa assam bukan semua orang lelaki suka."
"That's right."
"Macam women's delicacy kan? You tak suka, tak payahlah."
"Tak suka tak semestinya tak boleh makan langsung."
"Tapi carilah tempat yang both of us suka, then..."
"Apasal?"
"The last time I lalu situ, my male office mate tutup hidung. Dia tak tahan bau belacan busuk tu."

He laughed at my confused face.

"Wait..wait...situ ada laksa kari kan?" he asked. I nodded.

He gave me that killer smile then said, "Curry laksa for me and Assam Laksa for you. Settle?"
"You tak kisah?"
"Compromise sikitlah. Curry Laksa is my favourite," he gave me a matter-of-fact.
"But we have too much of compromising today then. You're about to accompany me for shopping, " I objected.

He barked a laugh.

"You worry too much..." he said.
"Just uncomfortable..."
"But you noticed that I like red..." he teased me.
"Mmmmm...yes..." I smiled shyly.
"And you're finding for red shoes..."
"Yuuuuppp...."
"Who do you think the best company for you? The person must have great eyes for red stuff."

He knew how to do it. How to make me quiet, blush, and agreeable.

I stepped out of his black car. Then I noticed that the tissue box was red.

I smiled. My face was red as he stared down at me with his devilish smile.

***to be continued***

6 comments:

t.a.c.a said...

purple and red???

dua2 striking dua2 my favret kaler... hihiks

~LP Lum~ said...

salam kak sha~

hehehe.. sgt suka asam laksa... :)
kuah tu siap mam ngan nasi putih aje kalo dah xckup mee laksanya... :))

zeqzeq said...

asalkan sedap dimakan heee.. nuteralkan bau..

* cantiknya Tudung..

a kl citizen said...

suuuuka sangat2 assam laksa

terbaru dari saya : tidak pandai saya mengait kata

kak ijan said...

Aiii suke belacannn dan assam laksa... uish... sedapnye! :)

Cik Qemm said...

wow. love is in the air?