Sunday, July 04, 2010

wc2010: i'm not gonna write you a love post


Made of Honor (2008)
Originally uploaded by CCY0927
Head under water
And they tell me to breathe easy for a while
The breathing gets harder, even I know that
Made room for me but it's too soon to see
If I'm happy in your hands

I'm unusually hard to hold on to
Blank stares at blank pages
No easy way to say this
You mean well, but you make this hard on me
I'm not gonna write you a love song
'cause you asked for it
'cause you need one, you see

I'm not gonna write you a love song
'cause you tell me it's
Make or break in this
If you're on your way
I'm not gonna write you to stay
If all you have is leaving I'm gonna need a better
Reason to write you a love song today

I learned the hard way
That they all say things you want to hear
And my heavy heart sinks deep down under you and
Your twisted words,
Your help just hurts
You are not what I thought you were
Hello to high and dry
Convinced me to please you
Made me think that I need this too
I'm trying to let you hear me as I am

I'm not gonna write you a love song
'cause you asked for it
'cause you need one, you see
I'm not gonna write you a love song
'cause you tell me it's
Make or break in this
If you're on your way
I'm not gonna write you to stay
If all you have is leaving I'm gonna need a better
Reason to write you a love song today

Promise me that you'll leave the light on
To help me see with daylight, my guide, gone
'cause I believe there's a way you can love me
Because I say
I won't write you a love song
'cause you asked for it
'cause you need one, you see

I'm not gonna write you a love song
'cause you tell me it's make or break in this
Is that why you wanted a love song
'cause you asked for it
'cause you need one, you see
I'm not gonna write you a love song
'cause you tell me it's make or break in this
If you're on your way
I'm not gonna write you to stay
If your heart is nowhere in it
I don't want it for a minute
Babe, I'll walk the seven seas when I believe that
There's a reason to
Write you a love song today

This is the lyrics of a song called Love Song by Sarah Bareilles. Ironically, it states whatever in my heart right now. It's from the movie Made of Honour. Have you watched it? Okay, I'll give you the synopsis:

"A handsome and successful bachelor is taken aback when his dream girl asks him to be the "maid" of honor in her upcoming wedding in this romantic comedy starring Patrick Dempsey and Michelle Monaghan. Tom (Dempsey) and Hannah (Monaghan) have been best friends for years. Though all the hard times, Hannah has been the one constant in Tom's life, and the one person he knows he can always rely on. When Hannah leaves for a six-week business trip in Scotland, Tom is surprised to realize how truly lonely he is without her. Life just isn't the same without Hannah around, so the moment she returns, Tom resolves to ask for her hand in marriage. But apparently Hannah's trip wasn't all business, because upon returning home Hannah announces that she has gotten engaged to a dashing Scotsman and will soon be starting a new life overseas. She's convinced that Tom will be thrilled for her, and wants him to play a crucial role in the wedding. His spirits crushed but his love for Hannah stronger than ever before, Tom reluctantly agrees to be the "maid" of honor so that he can prove his love in no uncertain terms and convince her to call off the wedding before true happiness slips through his fingers..."
- moviefone

Will you steal a bride/bridegroom?
Maybe that's the reason why Posh & Becks made it a private function. And other footballers too.

* I'm not gonna write you a love post...today. Ceehhhh....who do you think you're Sha? Sarah Bareilles? Or Hannah?

5 comments:

mier@merr said...

erk...love story untuk?? lalala~~

Pocket said...

Made Of Honor is a movie that shows desire of its original viewer community (the American i think)
to say what u wanna say when u cant.
when u should not.
when u should think more,
bout feelings,
bout what will happen..

She's getting married tomorrow and u're putting the coin just to kiss the bride?
Meaningfully? how cruel.

The song!!?
i'll have to listen to this song and watch the movie again :D
hope i understand the words then^^

(Orang cerita pasal orang lain and pocket komen pasal movie ... humm humm)

kakpah said...

nanti kakpah tengok bila keluar kat astro hehe..

~ mizzAmy ~ said...

hahahaha... kak sha kena jadik pengapit untuk saper pulak ni? or in other hand, nak culik pengantin lelaki ke? ahakss... ;)

Dee said...

oh tidak...dgr lagu wakawaka jelah sha..xlah sedih sgt..hahaha..