Tuesday, October 26, 2010

sha: charm bracelet - love is material?

The shoes on my feet
I've bought it
The clothes I'm wearing
I've bought it
The rock I'm rockin'
I've bought it
'Cause I depend on me
If I wanted the watch you're wearin'
I'll buy it
The house I live in
I've bought it
The car I'm driving
I've bought it
I depend on me
(I depend on me)
- Independent Woman by Destiny's Child


I looked at the way he was fumbling with the envelopes. Something was not right. There were too many letters. Some of them consisted of pink coloured papers. No explanation required.

His expression was serious. The content of the envelopes caused severe changes to his expression. The boyish grin was nowhere in scene. There he was, looking forlorn and disturbed - the crease on his forehead was indicating that he was catching up the age ladder.

The corners of his mouth were drooping. It was as if he had this powerful gravity around him which made the solid frame of his body to drop at its corners - his broad shoulders, the one I used to challenge my height; were not out of reach. It seemed like a branch fell off a tree.

It was clear that he was not in a good mood.

So, I've decided not to cross his path.

But I couldn't.

By the time I was looking into his eyes again, he already looked worn out. "Hmmmm...if only I can do something to make you smile again," I told myself.

He kept the papers and I stared at him silently. I got another bill in hand. Shall I or shall I not give him? My heart was beating faster; but my brain made the fastest decision.

So, I gave him - and as expected, he was not happy. There you go, without he realised it (or he did realise that), he tossed the receipts to me.

"Mengarut!" he grumbled. And I left with scarred heart.

But who could've blamed him? Indeed, we were a bit overspent. And how I wished that I had the money to cover everything. That way, I would have managed to avoid seeing him in that condition. I would have managed to protect my heart from being battered up.

Few days later, someone told me that he was travelling to see the love of his heart. I heard he bought her gifts. They said he went for shopping with his girlfriend. My mind was still digesting the part when that person was telling me,

"Dia nak beli emas. Untuk yang tersayang..."

The words repeated on my eardrum. I wished it won't - but it did. Well, how do you expect me to feel? Jealousy was out of question. Anger? Why should I feel angry? To which extend? For what reason?

So, I just smiled when he made a comment,
"Perempuan ni suka shopping. Banyak belanja..."

And I answered,
"Girlfriend you je kot.I pay my own bills. Lagipun....I nie considerate. Dari boyfriend I sibuk nak bawak I shopping, baik dia sibuk bayar kereta...bayar rumah...buat trust fund for our future babies. The most he can do pun, kalau dapatkan I my favourite books or a bouquet of cymbidium orchids. Cukuplah. Tapi I tak mintak."

I obviously didn't tell him that I like charm bracelet watch by Guess.

As I mentioned, the floss on my teeth...I bought it!!!

* to those who have not given me birthday presents, I just gave you hints! Haha...just kidding:P

4 comments:

Quiyah said...

booo to Zainal arief!

tell him, nak kawen lagi banyak belanja okeh, die ingat bole kawen pakai gigi and gusi die jer ke?

:P

mier@merr said...

saya tak paham la..ni bahasa apa... lalala~~~~

~Kak AZZ~ said...

Hidup ini terlalu banyak pilihan.. Jangan tersalah pilih dah la.. semua aspek nak kena pandai 'memilih' ... huhu...

Dee said...

eh2..apasal tetiba kak dee rasa tercekik ye baca ayat2 yg akhir tu..hahaha..