Wednesday, October 20, 2010

sha: it's the bra month!!!


bra on a tree
Originally uploaded by Grape Juice Girl
Last year, I told you stories about bra and how much I enjoyed choosing bra with shy men in my life. This year, I almost forgot this very special month. Well, what can I say. I didn't even write on my birthday this year and my birthday fell on the bra month!

It's not really called a bra month. October is actually the month of Breast Cancer Awareness whereby bra is the main topic but health is the major concern. Talking about bras is casual and natural - and I hope most of us won't take breast cancer casually as well. The cause of having this posting is merely for fun, but it also to remind us on how much pain the breast cancer patients have to endure.

One of them was my English teacher in primary school. I was absolutely clueless about her illness but I still remember her absentism. She was frequently replaced by replacement teachers - some of them was good and most of them was definitely lazy:)

But whenever my teacher came to school, studies was so much fun! I still remember the ooohhhss...and ahhhhsss...that we had because of the pressure of our fingers to our pencils. My teacher would definitely taught us and gave us lots and lots of homework! Her small figure would stand there, in front of the blackboard, with white chalk in hand. The exercises were horrendous!

A. Fill in the blanks....
B. Fill in the blanks...
C. Fill in the blanks...

Each exercises consisted of ten questions and she would continue until M. or O. or R. There was one time she made it to Z.

And I...was the happiest among all. Despite the red fingers, I loved whatever she taught me and fell in love with the subject immediately. I had no idea that the woman was in so much pain when she was writing the exercises on the black board.

One day, I saw blood on the stairs. The class was in uproar. Our teachers said it was hers. Apparently, one of the lumps on her breasts burst and bled. She was rushed to the hospital.

Then I never see her again. I lost in the English Quiz Competition and nearly cried out my dissapointment. But my ego said that I shouldn't cry, so I held my tears. But the dam broke eventually when one of our teachers made this announcement:

"Dimaklumkan bahawa Puan M telah kembali ke rahmatullah pada ....."

She was gone. My teacher, the one who taught me the word "FISH" was gone. Gone! Gone! Gone!

I had no idea about her illness until I have these two huge watermelons on my chests. She had taught me to treasure those two because apparently, she didn't go for any treatment and by the time she knew it, it was already too late.

We'll never know what is going to be ahead of us.

Happy BRA MONTH everyone. This is a month of lessons in life.

6 comments:

Othman Juliana said...

what else shall i say,..
precaution is better then cure~

**tido jangan pakai bra = betoi sha?

mier@merr said...

risau jugak kdg2...yg ada ni da besau...

Atikah said...

Salam,

lama tak tinggal jejak...
Kawan saya pun dpt breast kanser... muncul tiba2 tanpa signal... tau2 dah pringkat akhir...

Yunus Badawi said...

Nasi lemak 50 sen dua bungkus ngeee

Dee said...

no 1 killer to woman kan..so guys..please support ur wife/mother ok..

Cik Qemm said...

bra month?

apa2 pun. jage diri ye sist.