Wednesday, December 29, 2010

sha: hoi nasi goreng...

Nasi Goreng at Made's Warung, originally uploaded by spoonfork.

Hoi nasi goreng
Hoi bubur kacang
Mee rojak hoi nasi
Hoi bubur hoi mee siam

Tukang masak kerjanya enteng
Bangun pagi masak nasi goreng
Campur cili campur udang kering
Bila makan mata naik juling
- Nasi Goreng Bubur Kacang by P.Ramlee

Today is the last working day of the year for me. My routine for the rest of the year will change. Definitely I'm not going to wake up early in the morning and bath in cold water like today. That will be absolutely marvelous! I'm a goat in a human form - I hate to take bath even though I'm a fan of good smell and nice fragrance:P

I don't have to force myself to fold my polka dot pink blanket. That's wonderful, because I love the warmth of the blanket. I mean, friends got husband to hug them - so the warmth will be from a human's body and not a piece of thick and comfy cloth. The only time when I can feel the heat from another human is when mum decides to sleep with me - which is rare considering that she needs to be a wife.

What else? Ooohhh...I will definitely get the warmth from an animal. My "son", Fernando Bulu is demanding for attention these days. I have been denying him for quite sometime. The prohibition for him to enter my room since I don't have the time to bath him. Cold weather makes me soft as I don't have the heart to hear him scream.

Yes, I miss my Bulu. It has been quite sometime since the last time I slept with him in my lap. I will need to bring him to the vet tomorrow. That will be an excellent trip. Bulu loves Suzuki!

Ooo...talking about Suzuki. He needs attention too! I need to send him for servicing tomorrow. And I must...must...must...clean his white body. Otherwise, he won't look nice for kenduri. People will ask, "Whose dirty car is that?"

What else about tomorrow? Hmm....tomorrow is the day when I'm going to eat my mum's Nasi Goreng or Mee Goreng...or even Bubur Kacang. I have been eating in stalls these days - the taste of nasi goreng is not special anymore...

...where there will be cili padi pounded by our own pastel and mortar.
...where mum knows the concern of putting belacan or geragau...
...or even crunchy anchovies...
...extra veggie - bak choy, cabbage, carrot or even frozen peas...
...and sunny side egg...with melting yolks...

Yuuuuummmm!!!!

That will be a great kick start for the things I wanted to do just now. Not to mention that I have to prepare myself for weddings. Peach and pink baju kurung is nowhere in scene....alamak. And I have not received any news about my Saloma-like kebaya for my cousin's wedding in Saloma Bistro next week.

Darn.

Happy New Year everyone. I stop working for the year today.

And planning for weddings ahead:)

2 comments:

lupekanje said...

mums nasik goreng always the best....no compromy...

~ Kak Azz ~ said...

sesekali makan nasi goreng takpe, jangan selalu...