Monday, December 27, 2010

sha: pelamin anganku musnah


Traditional Coconut Candy
Originally uploaded by KooshKing

Masihkah dengan janjimu
Apapun jadi akulah pilihanmu
Hingga sanggup ku singkirkan cinta yang lain
Ku angankan pelamin indah untuk kita berdua singgah
Sayangnya... Semua musnah
- Pelamin Anganku Musnah by Azie

I had the loveliest, tastiest, most awesome coconut candy last weekend! Yes, I know. I shouldn't be too excited about coconut candy but yes...I was overjoyed. Sorry. No hypocritical act here.

A fortnight ago I was looking at the uninteresting coconut candy which was displayed on the top of a mamak restaurant's counter. I was not that ecstatic but I was craving for the taste of sweetness on my lips. I mean, I have been left with sour and bitter taste lately - there were too many incompetencies to be swallowed, too much of drama to munch!

We talked about that later, shall we? The part when I knew that I was not a microphone freak but someone else' was:P

So, what would you say when you were hungry, and angry and freaky...and someone offered you a coconut candy? Well, I know it was not everyone's favourite but then again Sha has always got this childish side of her that everyone could see. So, coconut candy for me was a treat to the unfavourable things I had last Friday.

Enough of intro. Here's the story...

I was sleepy after three hours of karaoke session with office -mates. My eyes nearly closed. Pelamin Anganku Musnah was not my favourite song but that was the only way of how to sing solo. Karaoke was not Choir-and-OK. There were two microphones but not all songs were duet.

But then again...
  • Maybe some girls were too naive. They said they won't sing in a karaoke room but ended up singing all songs.
  • Maybe some people just knew all songs. So, they couldn't decide which was the song to sing and which was the song that they should let others sing!
  • Maybe some girls were too happy-go-lucky and Sha was grumpy. The songs must be the happy ones, so that they could dance shyly:P

Eh, where got dance shyly meh?

But, layan ajelah! Chocolate Strawberry was a nice cake to celebrate a man's birthday. Especially when the man was the sensitive one and he tend to react strangely towards straight forward comments. Carnations were such beautiful gift to a guy who ran his words smoothly, especially when they were beautiful and not Betty-like. And of course...a card with penguins would definitely reminded him of how Pingu was craving for justice:P

Well, I could plan but there would always be someone who were dying to take the credit. Birthday parties were as good as it get; especially when it was successful and you didn't really have to do anything.

So, go ahead. Pelamin Anganku Musnah was such a nice song! Especially to those who were still a kiddo at the time Azie sang it. Unless they loved music too much - they won't remember the song played in the radio at the time their noses were full with slimes. Hehe.

I was about to sleep with the sound of broken voices played in my head when my aunty showed me the coconut candy she made for my cousin's wedding. And when I saw the colours, I was grinning from ear to ear. Wooo...that was not easy, folks! I was frowning hours before when my voice was pitching for Sembilu by Ella.

And...my sinus worked out finely for Sejarah Mungkin Berulang. I did sound like the young Tomok with sad face. Hehe:P

Anyway, what I'm trying to imply here is...
There is no distinctive flavour towards attitude.
A taste of coconut candy is straight forward - if you buy those in mamak, you'll taste the ghee. The one you made at home will be different. But both are sweet - not salty or sour.

So, do you have to pretend that you hate karaoke when you practically sang all songs?
With microphone - of course.

4 comments:

t.a.c.a said...

rindunye nak makan coconut candy yg best giler~~ aaa kak sha laa nie kan dah craving!

Dee said...

sedapnya coconut candy..lama x rasa..i know that song..pelamin anganku musnah..lepas ni sha kena nyanyi lagu di hari persandinganmu..by yunizar hussein..

Adila said...

i never tried karaoke in public, i mean with friends lol
i humming now and then and that's just about it

coconut candy... is it the same type as rose candy? i love rose candy!
i hardly see any now :(

cikpepel said...

saya suka karaoke..

but sumtimes it becomes katak-ok...