Monday, January 31, 2011

sha: when a crocodile eats a blackberry 2

Originally uploaded by The Fruit Company
...continue from Part 1.

Part 2 - Peachy Pink

Peaches and Cream
I need it cause you know that I'm a fiend (thatz right)
Gettin' freaky in my Bentley limousine
It's even better when it's with ice cream
Know what I mean...
- Peaches and Cream from 112

A wedding will always have the a theme these days. Most of it will represent colours, some represent culture and some represent music. Okay, we're talking about colour in this posting solely because...I have not talked about it before and since I had this issues of colours lately, why don't share it with others.

Imagine a big, fat, drum-like tummy lady. If you reckon, what will be the most suitable colour for her to wear? Choose these colours as the options:

1. Turquoise
2. Red
3. Lilac
4. Fuchsia
5. White
6. Black

Honestly, these are my favourite colours. I mean, purple have always been my most favourite, but lilac or wisteria/hydrangea shades are my favourites. If you ask me, these might be the options if I want to get married myself.

But then again, the elderly used to say, "Ukur baju di badan sendiri." Though the amount of fabric used for your kebaya or kurung or cheongsam or dresses might be the same regardless the colour, you might look big in it. Four meters for lilac baju kurung might make you look bigger compared to four meters of dark maroon baju kurung.

And fuschia makes one look girly to bitchy:P

So, the colours will play the role in the wedding. I'm not saying this only to the brides and grooms out there. I'm also saying this to their families.

Take an example of a family which consists of 6 aunties who weigh 65 kg and above. Imagine them wearing gold as a symbol of luxury. Trust me folks, if they are wearing 38D for their bras, they will certainly look luxurious, voluptuous, ridiculous and obnoxious :P

You don't want that happen to your aunties, don't you?

Unless you want to look good and you want your Makcik Bok to look ugly, bring it on! Haha...

The other factors that you should think before choosing the any colour as your wedding theme is THE MEN. Some men are too lovable, they tend to shrug off their ego for the loved ones. They won't mind wearing pink. Some young guys who have seen the macho side of Amy Search or Steven Tyler - they won't mind wearing bright colours.

But more men would want to appear colourless like Simon Cowell, or even Black Sabbath - which, if you agree with me defines the favourite colour.

Having said all this, fashion does not discriminate any colour. It is how well you present it:)

One of my cousins chose pinky peach as her wedding theme. I got mixed up the last minute because I have always thought that I had that colour in my closet. I had eventually wore "ripe peach" colour. Too bad, it was actually the colour of pink gerbera.

The other cousin was not using any colour as the theme, but they used an era...which one was it? I'll tell you later in the next posting.

What's the colour of your wedding, folks?

11 comments:

cikpepel said...

purple!

CGG said...

hi dear:)
rasa nak ngap je buah tu:)

yum2

Kak long Mawar Merah said...

Sha,
Roses are red my dear...and
Merah will be nice,
macam Tahun Baru Cina.

faz_e said...

sedapnye tgk buah tuh~
ngap!

zeqzeq said...

licin bersinar merahnyaa

fa10 said...

hijau.. hijau.. hijau!

Kengkawan said...

definitely cream yang.
lilac nampak dull dalam gambar.

fuschia n turquoise bukan smer org sesuai, especially Makcik Bok la kan.

tapi kaler pebret akak red and orange
hahah

Othman Juliana said...

Oh,... colours, keep on changing~ hehe.
but for sure, i want kurung tradisional as for nikah.
oh, sudah terlebih berangan!! colan pun takde!! haha~

Anonymous said...

me thinks you should wear a rich purple for your wedding, kakak. it'll look awesome, plus, it'll be different compared to the rest of us who opted for the more boring 'wedding-like' colours.

- shasha

san ling said...

Great stuff!!! Pls visit me at http://johorkia.blogspot.com/ & leave me your thoughts...Cheerios!!!

Signorina Syima said...

era??