Wednesday, September 21, 2011

orkid's cafe: kempunan!

Fruit Cake Tatin by jupitersnest
Fruit Cake Tatin, a photo by jupitersnest on Flickr.
Okay...I don't really have the time to update my blog but this was my favourite word yesterday!

Why?

Yesterday was my employer's Hari Raya open house day and I saw lots and lots of food! Kuih-kuih, roti jala, makanan raya....

...and fruit cake.

And I was so excited about the fruit cake. It was so moist, I could feel the texture of raisins and cherry in my mouth....

...and I did not realise that I was drooling!

So, I quickly looked around, finding for the place when exactly would I find any fruit cake. Just like the ones I saw in other people's plate....

Yuuummm....mmmm....

And my stomach was growling.

But where was the fruit cake?!!!

Huh?!

Someone told me it has finished already.

Huuuu.

Kempunan.

Kempunan.

Kempunan.

I was so sad because the image of the fruit cake was dangling in my mind!!!

So I slept last night with the word kempunan in my mind. I dreamed of...

....fruit cake...
...fruit cake...
...fruit cake...
...fruit cake...
...fruit cake...

And I came to work today with the word kempunan.

But then again someone came over to my room today and brought something...

...surprisingly it was...

FRUITCAKE!

Waaahhh...I'm so happy!

I licked the tasty crumps from my smiley lips. Lantaklah if someone wants to call me gemuk for me sweet tooth habit.

I was kempunan!

Eh, what do you call kempunan in English ye folks?

5 comments:

Dee said...

craving perhaps?

Pocket said...

Yes kak dee!!
definitely craving :D

kamu membuatkan pocket pung craving kek buah. makan eskrim fruit salad from walls tu jer lah kot. :(

Adila said...

smalam i tringin sgt bubble drink
hurrah! i dah dpt today
konpem tido lena ehehehe~

~ Cik Azz ~ said...

Kek buah..??

Akak lak kurang suka kek buah ni.. sebab manis sangatttt...

Tak berani nak makan benda2 yg over manis... huhu...

Tapi kek buah memang sedap kalau betul cara buatannya, kann... :D

~LP Lum~ said...

salam kak aha~


ahaks~ feberet tu... snggup nak beli yg kat psar raya tp slalu kena marah ngan mak sbb kalo kat pasar raya nie selalunya dah terlalu lama.. :(