Sunday, February 19, 2012

who's your hot chef?


It initially started with this:

"Laurel McBane has always relied on her friends for support, especially when her dream of attending culinary school was almost ruined by her parents’ financial problems.

Now Laurel is repaying the kindness of her friends by creating extravagantly luscious tiers of cakes and other confectionary delights that add the perfect touch to their clients’ weddings. As for romance, Laurel believes in it — in theory. But she’s too low-key to appreciate all the luxuries that other women seem to long for.

What she does appreciate is a strong, intelligent man, a man just like Parker’s older brother, Delaney Brown, on whom Laurel has had a mega crush since childhood. But some infatuations last longer than others, and Laurel is convi
nced that the Ivy League lawyer is still out of her reach. Plus, Del is too protective of Laurel to ever cross the line with her, or so she thinks. When Laurel’s quick- silver moods get the better of her — leading to an angry, hot, altogether mind-blowing kiss with Del — she’ll have to quiet the doubts in her mind to turn a moment of passion into forever… Adult Fiction."

I was too absorbed with my old flame called books. Naturally, when I was into books, I could not stop buying them (especially at discounted prices) and I would put a target on the amount of books that I should read. Eventually, without me realising it, I was reading and re-reading more than 100 books for the past few months of not updating my blog.

I was wandering around, finding the mood to write again even though I have occasionally attempted to finish the stories I wrote and re-wrote. I was thinking, "How could it possibly be difficult when it used to be damn easy last time?" Few years back writing blog was too easy, I could do it daily without even had to squeeze my brain. These days...things seem forlorn and lonely and unproductive. Well, frankly, my life now is more colourful with the work-fun time balance but, I just couldn't help thatit would be more interesting like Laurel's.

Honestly, I have tossed most of the romance novel underneath my bed. I had made this pact of reading something more realistic and rationale since I have decided that being dreamy would not bring me anywhere near the peak of a career. But I was wrong. I was still...somewhat...a romantic at heart. Hehehe...

So, one rainy evening, I went to pick up the reserved limited copy of Bed of Roses (Nora Roberts) from BookXcess in PJ. I personally had been eyeing for this book for quite sometime, but I just didn't have the time to buy it. I didn't know what brought me all the way to Amcorp Mall but I did, and eventually got hooked up the whole night - reading about how an architect fell for a florist. The architect debated that something exclusively built was supposed to be preserved but obviously the florist was telling him that not all things in the world was non-perishable. Some things in this world were meant to be caught for the moment only.

Well, that was how their love story started. Without realising that I had fell into the romance trap again, I bought the sequels of the Bride Quartet and spent 2 more nights with eyes half open; re-tracking my sense of romance myself. (ooo...it sounds disgusting in certain ways but I was wondering where did I kept my heart for quite sometime).

Suddenly, I got stuck with Book 3 called Savor The Moment. A love story between Laurel and Del. A lawyer and a baker. A sister's friend and a friend's brother. Nice. The guy was perfectionist (and I was supposed to hate that) and the girl was grumpy (and I hated that too). But today...

I am still wondering why the heck am I keeping this book in my bag, reading it while I'm travelling. This means, I'm starting a new book yet this week. And I have 20 more books in my keep...

Damn.

I'm stuck with the whole dreamy thing again. Oooooooo...

Well, I don't really like it; since I want to be more objective. No more this principle, metaphorical thing in my head. Yeah...that was me back then. The me who read Judith McNaught and fell for Jack Bass every time I surfed Google.

Now, it's Del. Wait, it's not just Del. I fell for Laurel actually. She made me think of this picture:

This was Katherine Heigl during The New Year's Eve - all blonde and temperamental. My favourite character ever. She was also funny in certain ways and she looked so...so....so hot in the chef attire until I was wondering whether there was someone as hot as she was in real life. Then, there came Laurel in the book that I've read - I couldn't stop imagining that Laurel was Katherine Heigl.

And, who was the guy?

In New Year's Eve, the guy was Jon Bonjovi. Well, he was favourite rock star...but he was not my type. He was too short and wrinkly with less sense of masculinity. Hahaha...memilih pulak!
Sorrylah...but when I was dreaming, it would better be good:)

And...there was another movie that I liked called No Reservations. It was Catherine Zeta-Jones and Aaron Eckhart. Nice...nice one. He was...cute. Like this:


But he was not really perfect to play Del in my mind. Boleh tak? I mean, when I read books, I would definitely want to imagine things...

Aaaaiiii...pagi2 nieh dah mula berangan. The face of Del - is faceless:)

Is it possible to dream of faceless people? Macam dalam Jalan Pandang Belakang kan?


3 comments:

Pocket said...

nothing wrong with being down to earth realistic person... but u'll
appear boring without fantasy and hope in your everyday life.

Nothing wrong with being up high in the clouds hoping for angels and daily live-roses on the table.
its just when we're hurt, then the feeling would be more painful.
Its hard to lick it up u see...

I guess we have to balance them all maybe... so read a few romantic novels in between stephen kings or jeffry archer :D

after all sis, u are romantic at heart :D

kak ijan said...

Wow, 20 more to go? that requires lots of effort i'm sure. Well, everybody has hobby kan, if it keeps you happy the way it is, why not :)

dRag0nfLy said...

lama tak jengah blog cikgu BI... huhuh pe cite....