Sunday, September 30, 2012

#terbalikkankandangkuda

The NEW Apple iPod by imemgee
The NEW Apple iPod, a photo by imemgee on Flickr.
I came from the boy band era, whereby I started as a fan of New Kids on the Block. Donnie Wahlberg was not that bad. I still watch Blue Blood once in a while.

When Boyzone filled the atmosphere, I had always thought that the late Stephen Gately was a five year old boy admired by 16 year old girls.

I was also a firm believer that Kevin Richardson from Backstreet Boys was actually a talented man. He was not a boy. Nick Carter's voice, in my opinion, was weird and toneless.

I disliked Justin Timberlake as I had always trusted that Jason Chasez sounded better in Bye Bye Bye.

I thought that Lee from 911 was short and unattractive. Sadly, I never recalled the other two group members. 

98 Degrees sang good songs but they were more into girls like Jessica Simpson and I have always thought that she was overrated. 

At the time when Westlife was made famous, I was too sick to hear about Mark (because my one of the girls loved him) and never interested in guys with blond hair.

Blue? Well, they were not a boy band. They were...a group of singing average looking people.
How about Il Divo? Perhaps, they should show better skills at singing their own song to make it famous.

I thought that boy band was just something which came from that era. So, it was quite surprising when I had eventually downloaded this song and listed it in my playlist:)

Baby you light up my world like nobody else,
The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed,
But when you smile at the ground it ain't hard to tell,
You don't know, Oh oh,
You don't know you're beautiful!!!
- What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction

Errr...my thoughts?

Sorry girls. It was better to be old and had better taste than  being young and have One Direction in a any show. Oh my Gabbana, I could not imagine any particular chances for me to scream like the girls who cried during Bieber's concert! Who was that Malay looking girl in MTV by the way? Please tell her that she looked horrendous! Nothing like Selena Gomez...uh...uh...uh...

But I liked "What Makes You Beautiful". It was not that bad. I mean, it was catchy, the lyrics were good and it got its spot during Olympic closing ceremony. Even though it was quite early, but...let just applaud the apperance. Or course, I was waiting for Beady Eye, John Lennon and Queen for hours and never expected them to perform but hey, I was such a pain :P

However, that was not my point, love.
This song, in my opinion, had a lesson to be learned. Let's put it this way:

Baby you LIGHTS up my WORLDS like nobody else,
The way that you FLIPS your hair GET me overwhelmed,
But when you SMILES at the ground it ain't hard to TELLS,
You DOESN'T know,
Oh oh,
You don't KNOWS you IS beautiful!!!

My mother, the teacher, gave me the book which was supposed to be used by all teachers who was teaching Math and Science in English. When I received the book, I finished all the exercises and made sure that I learned well before I went for the interview with the British company I was working for.

That happened back in year 2003 which was all the way before I graduated. Several years later, PPSMI has been abolished but still, the lesson from the book was still at the back of my mind. The first lesson that I learned was present tense. When to use the letter S and when to drop it :)

S for Sha, I told myself and the book taught me this:

{I-You-We-They} flip (no S)
{He-She-It} flips (with S)

I'm not perfect and I am still learning but I shall try my level best to adapt to any feedback given by others. That is the reason why I'm keeping quiet in Twitter when I see that someone is proudly using this hash tag:

#flipstable.

Example:
Bila pula kau tweet? Tak nampak pun! #flipstable

Flips + Table = she/he flips the table.
Flip + Stable = I/you flip the stable.

Kandang kuda mana yang kau terbalikkan?

I am confuse. But I am still very silent. Frankly speaking, I don't see the point in correcting when I already know for a fact that showing a dictionary or a grammar book will just make me a hot story and send a person wailing for her follower's sympathy :)

Forget it.
Let's just learn together, shall we?

p/s: I wear shawl but I'd rather watch Buddy Valastro flips the cake in Cake Boss. My shawls are not my hair :)

10 comments:

Amieynna said...

Sha.
Rupanya awak schedule kan entry ni.
Dari tadi cuba nak baca tapi tak boleh. hehe.
Suka entry ni. Boleh belajar english grammar sekali.
Entah bila saya boleh tulis entry macam awak ni.
Kagum!

Šĥű© said...

haha. sgt setuju kebanyakkan lagu english, grammar pun terabur je.. tapi rasanya kita (ehemm..) masih ramai yg pakai taram je haha

boni kacak said...

pergh..dasyat english awak ni.hehe

Neeza Shahril said...

frankly.. akak memang tak lah kenal sangat dengan diorang yang Sha sebut tu. Tapi Westlife akak suka. Mungkin lagu dia jiwang kot.. hahahaa!!

Amieynna said...

sha..
awk dah add FB sy?

*soalan takde kaitan*

cHeRyNa PiReS said...

tak sure sayang. nama dalam FB?

Kengkawan said...

i likes (oh my english)

MAY said...

wah..hebatnye english..:)

*erm..so far,klu sy tglkn komen berbentuk pertanyaan kat blog org len,die reply kat entry sy..em..klu x pcy cube tgk entry sakit pinggang blkg tu..hihi..

Dee said...

learning english by reading your blog..hehehe..

Rapunzeel Cikilolo said...

Kehkeh. Sebut pasal band 911. Lee anthony leenoyd something ke name die.

Tk paham akak aku 2 org suka sgt dulu ngan diorg. Aku tk lyn band2 ni. Dulu aku layan melly goealow. Ahaks