Saturday, October 13, 2012

13 October 1982

credit to Ultras Malaya, 13102012, Facebook.

I was born  and raised with the knowledge that there was a Prime Minister by the name of Margaret Thatcher. My parents insistence on having me equipped with language skills forced me to read. I remember the time when my mother made me read Berita Harian and The Star everyday in front of her. Little did I knew that those hardship of adapting to her criticism made me the person I am today.

I have always thought that a Prime Minister should have been a man. I was born during the era of Mahathir. As a young girl, it has appeared to me that a small man would be able to become a Prime Minister. A woman never would. 

One day, it has occurred to me that Margaret Thatcher was not just a fictional character. As a five year old, I was absorbed with the knowledge that a birthday should be celebrated. I dreamed of getting presents and cakes and trips to A&W to drink float - something prohibited and controlled by my parents.But my ibu, as usual, made a big fuss of getting something without even struggling for it. One day, I was asked to read about those people who was born on the 13th of October.

That was the day, 25 years ago, I learned that you could wear a skirt to manage a country. I learned as well that beauty was not a success guarantee. 

Several years have passed, several wars and soldiers deployed, several tragedies happened, several trophies won, and numerous of sweet memories were created.

I live to learn that I'm also sharing the same birthday with Ian Thorpe; who was born as a large baby and had sideline cases due to his allergy to chlorine. He has won five gold medals in Olympic - despite the early life stories which was totally unfavourable.

I grew up being a dreamy girl who watched Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice without knowing that Dr. Addison Montgomery; my favourite character, was played by Kate Walsh who was also born on the 13th of October.

The star experts indicated that Libra was a sign for people who loved artistic work and design; who has the skills for psychology; who has the tendency of being a politician (based on the preference of doing social work and diplomacy skills) as well as lawyers.

Perhaps the study was based on the knowledge that several people who was borned in October were people like Margaret Thatcher and several other politicians; not to mention Lee Harvey Oswald, the sniper who killed John F. Kennedy. This was also the month when Shah Alam was declared as a "Bandaraya" or a city. In 1976, on this particular day, Yayasan Pembangunan Ekonomi Islam Malaysia (YaPEIM) was formed for the Muslims.

Eminem, Chatherine Zeta Jones, and the late Luciano Pavarotti were the examples of artist born under this star. Well, those were my favourites.

Well, how about football? For your information, Wes Brown, Gabriel Agbonlahor and Scott Parker are celebrating their birthday today.

But, let's put that aside, shall we?

Sometimes, we got overwhelmed with big things, globally recognised stuff, glamorous E! Channel news without looking at the  precise and precious thing in front of us. 

I'm sorry for not being able to write about Malaysian history or politicians or the artists. Perhaps later next year when more researches work on writing articles or update the Malaysia wikipedia, I would do something like that. Perhaps a crazy blogger might come out with a more popular blog than Beautiful Nara about the Malaysian history. Then, hopefully, we shall be able to look into having that in my moderate piece of writing over here; which I pray, will continuously improve.

On this date, five years ago, Ultras Malaya was born by males who, from my own perspective, believed in "greatness comes from madness". They might not share the same inspiration like I did but they shared the same thoughts in supporting football. Frankly, I have been the observant of their unity. I remember times when people like my brothers lost their voices in the stadium or the situation where they had few RMs in their pockets yet they left for Jalan Besar, Singapore.

Well, not everyone believed in this, yet it was never harmful to just try and persuade people to support Malaysian football without necessarily joining any group or clubs. Sometimes, we craved for the sense of belonging too much and compromised our capability.

Sometimes, without people noticing it, I was there in different headgear (that was not limited to tudung bawal) and joined in when they they chanted. When they expanded to the state ultras, I recalled the time when my own bloodline joined the crowd without the weariness of bad perception.

I was just one unnoticeable female in a huge crowd of males;yet I was proud. Yesterday, just like the other days, somebody asked about the t-shirt that I wore in my picture. I sniffed and mentioned the same script over and over, "Datang ajelah. Tak ada t-shirt hitam pon menyokong juga."

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't."
- Margaret Thatcher 

From 5 men to 5000 men and hopefully to 50,000; from nobody to Majalah 3 celebrities - they are celebrating their fifth birthday today.

And guess what, folks? They went above the celebrities, politicians and whomever I mentioned earlier. At least for me. Don't you dare ask why :)

Okay, enough of the lengthy posting. My acquaintance mentioned that his wife got pregnant and he just got the result today. A sad news of Azrai Khor leaving Negeri Sembilan is still leaving me in a feeling I can't describe. My father's devastation is another part to handle :)

The number is 13 - some consider this as unlucky. 
October was a tragedy for Awie.

Happy birthday to me.
Happy birthday Ultras Malaya.
...and others:)

Congratulations Papa Kopi. Congratulations Freddie.
Au Revoir Coach Azrai Khor.
Terima Kasih Ayah dan Ibu. With Love.

Walk on!

cHiSHa cHeRyNa PiReS
13102012

29 comments:

Cikgu Ma said...

so, today is your birthday? happy birthday sha....^_^
nampaknya saya muda dari awk..sikit je..hihihi

si robot comel said...

selamat ulang tahun kak :) moga sentiasa ceria

Dearie Pearls said...

happy birthday dear Sha!

dapat hadiah aper tu? hehehe..

teringat salah satu posting saya pada 1010 (last 2 years maybe)apabila saya menyenaraikan mereka yang lahir pada 1010. salah seorang ialah Rekha iaitu pelakon Hindustan yang popular pada zaman saya dilahirkan. hehehe...

*rindu kemeriahan bloging


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SHA!

fiza said...

Happy born day sha. Smoga dipanjangkan umur, dimurahkan rezeki, diberi kesihatan yg baik, diberkati hidup dunia dan akhirat dan semoga happy disamping keluarga :-)

Remy hazza said...

happy birthday to you.......
semoga heppi2 selalu....

cikMilah said...

Happy birthday Sya..

Sharian Zamrinor said...

orang tua...selamat hari raya...selamanya harimau malaya!!!! selagi kita bernyawa..oohh Malaysia...kau kebanggaanku

kiera'sakura said...

selamat hari lahir sha!!! semoga setiap denyut nadi mendapat keberkatan Ilahi Amin :)

Kengkawan said...

goshhhh...
panjang n well researched entry, kat hujung nak kasi tau birthday..

heh i like!
happy birthday dear sis

TiranaAduka said...

salam

Mujur ada goggle translate..
Huhuhuhu...

Len Inouie said...

:) celebrating life! :)

Happy Birthday.. and please..please..write books. You're good.. seriously.



Wak Gelas™ said...

hepi besday yee..

wahida said...

hepi belated beday dear...

semoga panjang umur, murah rezeki dan sihat selalu hendaknya...amin...

ko tulis a&w float tu terus buat aku teringin...huhu...

Rai Ourkizuna said...

happy belated birthday dear..

samalah kita lahir oktober..tapi saya end of month :D

Eyriqazz said...

maaf,tulisan agak kecil...agak susah nak baca,saya scroll down,komen, dan X...

Rasp said...

happy belated birthday....

wah ramai gak 'geng' pames amos yg dibawah naungan zodiak sama u ye...

LydSunshine said...

Bagusnya cara ibu awk ajar awak baca surat kabar the star dan BH. Pastu apa yang di kritik? Intonasi atau sebutan?

Apapun, happy belated bday. :).

Jna marcello said...

wahh~ superb!!!!! kak sha nak jumpa kak sha 1day pls!!! btw HAPPY BELATED BURFDAYYYY!!!!!!

lupekanje said...

13 always be my favourite number.... to stay..my baitijannati level number.. :)

A good way to teach children in powering English language etc...why dont I think of that before..? Nevermind, I try it on my grandchildren soon..err...hehe..

Aduka Seri Perkasa said...

Happy Birthday "kak". what a lucky date it is to share with UM, aye?

heh... anyway, have a blessed days ahead, insyaAllah. - comrade.

Apple said...

So.. dats y saya sukakan psikologi kot. lol. masa form 4, my eng teacher told me yang person lahir in oct adalah natural born leader. dengar pun macam.. yeah! lol. margaret thatcher ada muvi dia sndr lakonan meryll strepp. worth it!

sy jrg tgk liga malaysia tp lebih kepada BPL. tahun lalu je tgk perlawanan malaysia gara2 peningkatan mendadak namun turun semula. huhu.. pasni harap2 ada peningkatanlah.

TiranaAduka said...

singgah sini.
Lepas blk dari masjid.

Dulu ramin single lg .skrg dah ada beby boy. Adus..maaf ye

boni kacak said...

hari ni birthday awak ye?? selamat hari lahir ye awak.. saya doakan agar sentiasa dimurahkan rezeki, dipanjangkan umur dan sentiasa dikurniakan kebahagiaan setiap hari..amin...

wantie said...

Yup.. I agree when you say " a beauty as not guarantee for success"


Remy hazza said...

busy nyer birthday girl nie..... he3

Dinas Aldi said...

Happy birthday, dik Sha. You were born when I was 10 years old, heheheee.

Semoga dipanjangkan umur, dimurahkan rezeki & dikurniakan kebahagiaan olehNya :)

Si Matatajam said...

Sweet happy besday to Sha

KakNi said...

dear, happy belated birthday to you.... XOXO

Dee said...

happy belated birthday sha...i can't remember whether i wish u kat blog ke tidak..btw..k dee pray for your happiness always..xoxo..